What You Need To Know About Timeshift.

Obviously you've never tried the software I've mentioned because if you did you would know about the verify tool and what it does.
No I didn't know this and it still doesn't convince me because verify tool won't account for later system upgrades which might make your backup and restore of system files bring system to inconsistent or broken state.

Sounds to me like you're still living in the past and have no idea what you're talking about.
Nah, I'm just fan of manual work and physical media because it gives me more control and less chance for errors.
No software (or AI etc.) beats human work. :)

It's such a shame some people don't know a good thing when they see it.
1716433052369.gif

I have not used timeshift but thanks for the information. I will stick to redo for backup snapshots. It has never failed me in my 3 oh crap moments.

I have not used timeshift but thanks for the information. I will stick to redo for backup snapshots. It has never failed me in my 3 oh crap moments.

You should try it...I didn't think much of it not long ago but when I tested it on an external HDD...I realised the potential.

On another Forum...someone said..."Timeshift is buggy and does not back up or restore all your system files, it even destroys your snaps installation at the first restore".
1716599616646.gif

This clearly shows a person who has never used Timeshift or the understanding of how it works. Timeshifts default settings are to backup system files.
I also use Foxclone and Redorescue as well and backup everything on the Drive too.
1716599230417.gif

Last edited: