Post a screenshot of your Desktop

I've noticed today on "New posts" that you guys post desktop screenshots, so I'll share mine as well :)
Screenshot from 2024-04-30 11-54-49.png

Wallpaper (in case anyone is interested): Source & Artist

And this is what Cinnamon theme looks like:
Screenshot from 2024-05-04 12-19-05.png

If I manage to create a github account and upload my theme (there're currently 3 color variants), I'll share a link to it.

Slight redesign on my daily driver, currently a highly-customized/hugely upgraded Puppy Xenialpup64 7.5:-

GIFCap-67.gif

I've taken as a base the desktop background from my even more highly-modified Slacko Puppy 5.6.0.......but changed the colour slightly, along with streamlining and tidying-up many of the docks & launchers, including the GIF 'launchers' up top.

The Puppy 'Infocenter' is still there, featuring the gKrellM system monitor and Puppy's native desktop 'pWidgets'. It's a nod to one of the much-loved 'classic' Puppy wallpapers, just brought up to date in my usual, 'busy' style.

Mike. ;)

Last edited:
A PC without keyboard?? where is you keyboard?
Touch-screen, perhaps? Maybe noelw uses an on-screen, virtual keyboard. No reason why it couldn't work, though it wouldn't be MY preferred way of doing things.

I'm essentially a tactile individual, and much prefer stuff I can feel and physically interact with.....

Mike. :)

Screenshot from 2024-05-31 19-01-15.png

I finally decided to try it and I'm really liking this distribution!

Screenshot from 2024-06-08 18-36-52.png

Last edited:
I just found in some old backups my longest lasting wallpaper, I used it for years, I thought to share it and backup it also in here. Unfortunately it is old CRT aspect ratio and don't appear full size in modern screens, but is an exceptional image worth having in your collections
Administratorwall2.jpg

Just finished upgrading my Parrot drive to 6.1, nothing special on this one, just the default paper
Screenshot at 2024-06-08 19-17-40.png

New Fedora 40
Copie d'écran_20240608_205620.png

I just found in some old backups my longest lasting wallpaper, I used it for years, I thought to share it and backup it also in here. Unfortunately it is old CRT aspect ratio and don't appear full size in modern screens, but is an exceptional image worth having in your collections
View attachment 20362
I had the same issue but with a background that was a design rather than a photo and I was able to stretch it without too much trouble. The envane background that was used in one of the old DSL 3.x releases - I stretched it until the rectangular bits were 1920x1080 then pasted the original round center part back in w/o distortion.

Wouldn't want to try that with your background, though.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts