macOS ISO Collection (10.10.5 - 13.0 developer seed)
- Publication date
- apple, macos, yosemite, el capitan, sierra, high sierra, mojave, catalina, big sur, monterey, os x, mac os iso, os x iso, bootable media, ventura
This is a collection of macOS's I have collected. I will upload each ISO one by one.
These are the OS's that I have:
These versions are not supported, so they'll likely not be updated
- OS X Yosemite (10.10.5, 14F27), 1.6.431
- OS X El Capitan (10.11.6, 15G31), 1.7.501
- macOS Sierra (10.12.6, 16G29), 12.6.032 & 12.6.061, 3
- macOS High Sierra (10.13.6, 17G66), 13.6.02
- macOS Mojave (10.14.6, 18G103), 14.6.06
- macOS Catalina (10.15.7, 19H15), 15.7.03
- macOS Big Sur (11.6.5, 20G527), 16.8.00
- macOS Monterey (12.3.1, 21E258) 17.3.03
- macOS Monterey:
- 12.0, 21A5543b 17.0.25
- 12.1, 21C5021h 17.1.01
- 12.2, 21D5025f 17.2.00
- 12.3, 21E5206e 17.3.04
- 12.4, 21F5063e 17.4.04
- macOS Ventura:
- 13.0, 22A5266r 18.0.03
- macOS Monterey:
- hdiutil create -o /tmp/[X] -size [Y]m -volname [X] -layout SPUD -fs HFS+J
- hdiutil attach /tmp/[X].dmg -noverify -mountpoint /Volumes/[X]
- sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ [X].app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/[X] --nointeraction
- hdiutil detach /Volumes/[X]
- hdiutil convert /tmp/[X].dmg -format UDTO -o ~/Desktop/[X].cdr
- mv ~/Desktop/[X].cdr ~/Desktop/[X].iso
F1 - These ISOs were made using DMGs from this article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683. Process:
1. The DMG's .pkg file was unziped using pkgutil --expand-full
2. Move InstallESD.dmg to Payload/Install macOS [Name].app/Contents/SharedSupport (This generates the app, and I will explain how the app is used)
(Keep in mind that opening and running the .pkg inside the .dmg file also installs the application to your Applications folder.
F2 - The app used to make the ISO was downloaded prior to Sierra being invalidated from the App Store, and also prior to being added to the support article in PKG form.
F3 - When using the app to build the ISO, it failed. I had to modify Info.plist (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/not-a-valid-volume-mount-point-cant-make-bootable-drive.1935673/page-3?post=28197924#post-28197924) to change the app version in order for it to work. I changed it to 12.6.03 so when you boot up this ISO, and quicklook at the app inside; you may see that it says 12.6.03. It is version 12.6.06, and 12.6.03 was used to circumvent an error preventing me from creating the file.
- 2021-10-15 00:38:06
- Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.4
Subject: response to reviews 2 (oldest on top)
I recently got temporary access to a macbook that's old enough to run virtualbox. I tried it out with macOS Catalina (however, it was one that I stored on my hard drive but the same one as uploaded here) and it seemed to run fine under the 'utility' part of macOS, didn't install Catalina but everything else looked fine.
"Same but different"
A windows 10 ISO is around 8 GB. macOS Installers are double the size. Prior to big sur, macOS used to be in the single digits for GB. Anything above or equal to big sur is double the size because not only does macOS have to support and compile ALL the librarys for the M1 (arm64) instruction set, but the intel (x86_64) instruction set as well. It is essentially like writing a book in two languages -- doubles the size to support English and Spanish readers for example.
"Review on tested images"
I have no idea why el capitan and yosemite don't work other than me using different packages apple provided. Thank YOU, for testing however!
Subject: Review on tested images
- El Capitan
I also tested "High Sierra" and this one worked !
Big thanks for these archives !
Subject: Mac OS on windows PC
Subject: Same but different
Subject: Catalina Does not work
Subject: This is what i need for My Windows Computer Running Windows 8.1
These ISOS are Too large. Are these using install.wim or install.esd. It is better to convert The install.wim to install.esd Using NTlite to make a More smaller iso and This can't fit on a CD. Usually DVD's are Having the size of 4.7 Gigs. Fortunately We can use DVD DL on some isos. But some of them has a 10GB Size or more which requires us to use a USB Flash drive. My Windows Mods are more smaller than These. If some of My Windows Mods ranges up to 5gb At least it don't Goes up to 10 gb or so
Subject: doesn't work
Subject: MacOS Big Sur
Subject: does it work
Subject: two Big Sur
Subject: macOS in VM
As a newbie to macOS, this was most heartening to myself and the owner of the Mac.
Now awaiting Time Machine restore of old into the "new".
Subject: RE: ok...
Subject: Reply to KarlXP
Uploaded by xteal on