a printer

baychev555

Reaction score
Credits
Здравейте,Преди известно време си купих принтер защото ми е необходим Xerox Phaser 3020 лазерен чернобял.Не мога да го инсталирам ,в настройките на лаптопа трябва да ми излезе линк за добавяне.Системата ми е Убунту 18.04 ,пише че е съвместим с системата ,може да се свърже както чрез Уайфай ,имам рутер у дома така и чрез Юесби кабел.Помогнете ми.Предварително благодаря.

Welcome to the forums, as an international site we ask that all post be made in English,

I gather you want to install a Xerox phaser printer [these are now very old and the last driver update was in 2014, no guarantee it will work with up-to-date distributions] driver can be found here…

also It looks like you're using Ubuntu 18.04, this reached its end of life in April 2021, and should be updated to the latest LT version

Bwiz

also It looks like you're using Ubuntu 18.04, this reached its end of life in April 2021

Not so, Brian.

It is only the Community Versions - Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Lubuntu and so on which ended last year.

Ubuntu 18.04 is good until April 2023.

Reference - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

Welcome @baychev555 to linux.org :)

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Edited typo should be Ubuntu 18.04

Last edited:
И след този срок ако продължа с Ubuntu 1804 какво ще стане.Благодаря

And after this period if I continue with Ubuntu 1804 what will happen. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Once a distribution reaches the end of life, it stops being supported, so no security or application updates will be available, making it more susceptible to security breaches

Youe welcome

Ubuntu 18.04 is good until April 2023.

To add to this:

ESM gets you even further support. It's free for three computers. I'm pretty sure they must be *personal* computers but I haven't read the license agreement lately.

Members online