2 hard drive to a pad

peter_jenp

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone I have debian linux 9 running on a pc. This PC has 2 external hard drives attached to it. 1 of 10tb and one of 6tb. now I actually want to have 1 path, namely /hdd/backup of +/-16tb in other words I would like to merge those 2 hard disks into a path/virtual disk. Is this possible and if so can someone tell me how to do this. the path of the hard drives is now /hdd/10tb for the 10tb drive and /hdd/6tb for the 6tb drive thanks in advance: peter

What you're describing is called a Logical Volume. I'm not sure if there is an LVM (Logical Volume Manager) for linux that works for external drives. I tend to guess that there isn't, but I really don't know. Perhaps someone else can provide a definitive answer. Meanwhile you might want to do some research on Logical Volumes....

Keith

first of all thank you very much for your response. I solved it by installing windows on the host. below that vmware workstation with multiple virtual hard disks distributed between the external and internal hard disks and those that hang in a reaid under linux within the virtual pc and it works fine. for these detour solutions we also have a nice expression here in the Netherlands. This one loudly: If the mountain won't go to Moses, then Moses must go to the mountain. best regards and thanks again everyone

Staff online

Members online