2 video cards.

E

Eric Abbott

I have a Dimension 2400 and it has an a video card on the motherboard. I got for free a Nvidia card. Which Linux would find the new driver and forget the other? I know Mageia found it but I am not happy with any Red Hat off shoots. I there another that I can use. I do know I need to use 2 monitors during install. Please help? Someone really upgraded the processor and everything.

You can't use both the integrated card and the Nvidia card at the same time. No matter what system. Not even Windows can do that. The integrated card is turned off by the BIOS when a dedicated graphics card is installed.

P.S. Double posting questions does NOT help you get answers.

I found the answer. If I use mageia linux, it asks during install, if I have 2 monitors hooked up.

You can't use both the integrated card and the Nvidia card at the same time. No matter what system. Not even Windows can do that. The integrated card is turned off by the BIOS when a dedicated graphics card is installed.

That is not entirely true READ THIS

I honestly couldn't think of a really good reason to run onboard graphics if you had a dedicated graphics card.

Members online

Latest posts