A Farrago of Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax

Nik-Ken-Bah

Reaction score
Credits
“The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings”
― Lewis Carroll,
I have been around, learning, reading and other things
Hope everyone is safe and well,
About three weeks a go I forgot:eek: a very simple thing but worked it at night after not having the internet for a day.:oops:
I forgot the basic thing of shutting down the router and let it sit for a while before re-powering it up.o_O
I do a lot of reading and sometimes I need to find the meaning of a word as the books I am reading are late 19th- early 20th century books and some of the words just aren't as common to-day as back then.
But I have been learning how to run Linux Mint not so much the OS but the applications.
I have a monitor that when it doesn't get an input for a while goes into a sleep type mode, plus also when you don't move the cursor it goes to sleep.
I solved that problem when I am away from the computer I have learnt if you open image viewer then select slideshow the monitor doesn't go to sleep nor does the computer.
Been reading to-day about how to in Libre Office to create a document that in MS word you could create by just clicking on a menu and selecting what you wanted in your book document.
Libre and Open Office it do it a slightly bit different, You have to create a master document, then work from there; but I'll get there-- one day, as usual. :D

“The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings”
― Lewis Carroll,
I have been around, learning, reading and other things
Hope everyone is safe and well,
About three weeks a go I forgot:eek: a very simple thing but worked it at night after not having the internet for a day.:oops:
I forgot the basic thing of shutting down the router and let it sit for a while before re-powering it up.o_O
I do a lot of reading and sometimes I need to find the meaning of a word as the books I am reading are late 19th- early 20th century books and some of the words just aren't as common to-day as back then.
But I have been learning how to run Linux Mint not so much the OS but the applications.
I have a monitor that when it doesn't get an input for a while goes into a sleep type mode, plus also when you don't move the cursor it goes to sleep.
I solved that problem when I am away from the computer I have learnt if you open image viewer then select slideshow the monitor doesn't go to sleep nor does the computer.
Been reading to-day about how to in Libre Office to create a document that in MS word you could create by just clicking on a menu and selecting what you wanted in your book document.
Libre and Open Office it do it a slightly bit different, You have to create a master document, then work from there; but I'll get there-- one day, as usual. :D
Nice to see you are back, old timer!
Was wondering about you just yesterday.
Anyhow, great to see you again. :)
Old Geez TC

There is one thing I like about Linux is that you can find about anything you like and try without even using a search engine to look for it. also you can throw it on your system and if it turns out not what you are looking for you can simply unstall it no hassles.

That's two things :p

G'day @70 Tango Charlie
How are you been going?
Been doing great!
Just got new hearing aids today. Lots better now that I can hear again.
Been doing a lot of learning about scripts, C., Python and some other stuff. Been a blast. Gotta keep learning, can't stop or I will kick the bucket. I have to rest up for the golf season which starts in April.
I take my wife to the mall so she can get her 3-4 mile walk in every day. I can sit with my laptop and do some learning. {She'll be 86 in April this year to match my 86} LOL. Someone asked me one time why I married her. Told them that she was healthy as a horse. Sounded funny then, but it turns out to be worth it. I told them I would learn to love her later. I suppose I better start sometime soon before I can't! LOL.
Old Geez TC

Wish I could put a laugh and a love on the same Post.

Members online

Latest posts