A note for spammers. Before you spam: be warned.

R

ryanvade

So, you want to spam linux.org do you? Before you click Create Thread let me tell you what will happen:
1. Your post(s) will be uploaded.
2. Someone notices the post(s) and marks them as spam
3. A staff member of the site is notified of the post and uses the spam cleaner on your user account here on the forum.
3a. Your IP is banned from the site
3b. Your email account is banned from the site
3c. Your post(s) are deleted from the site.
4. I personally make sure your IP, email, and user account name are added to stopforumspam.com so you can't spam other sites.
5. (optional) I laugh at you. A lot. And I chat with other staff members on other forums about your behavior.

We, at linux.org, hate spammers. Take your crud somewhere else. Thanks.

So, you want to spam linux.org do you? Before you click Create Thread let me tell you what will happen:
1. Your post(s) will be uploaded.
2. Someone notices the post(s) and marks them as spam
3. A staff member of the site is notified of the post and uses the spam cleaner on your user account here on the forum.
3a. Your IP is banned from the site
3b. Your email account is banned from the site
3c. Your post(s) are deleted from the site.
4. I personally make sure your IP, email, and user account name are added to stopforumspam.com so you can't spam other sites.
5. (optional) I laugh at you. A lot. And I chat with other staff members on other forums about your behavior.

We, at linux.org, hate spammers. Take your crud somewhere else. Thanks.

I like #5. :D

I never knew of stopforumspam.com

Most forums have built in checking with stopforumspam.com . This forum kinda does from what I have seen. ;)

Why is it that spammers are always 18yo females? Is this some kind of conspiracy?

just came to spam that I'm loaded @ some hostel in Argentina right now and all the 20 shared computers in the common area are Linux-powered. hooray

[Quote = "ryanvade, poste: 20806, membre: 2159"] Donc, vous voulez le spam ........ vous? Avant de cliquer sur Créer discussion laissez-moi vous dire ce qui va se passer:
1. Votre message (s) sera téléchargé.
2. Quelqu'un remarque le poste (s) et les marque comme spam
3. Un membre du site personnel est informé de la poste et utilise le filtre anti-spam sur votre compte d'utilisateur ici sur le forum.
3a. Votre adresse IP est banni du site
3b. Votre compte de messagerie est banni du site
3c. Votre message (s) sont supprimés à partir du site.
4. Que je fais personnellement que votre IP, email, et le nom d'utilisateur de compte sont ajoutés à......................si vous ne pouvez pas le spam d'autres sites.
5. (Facultatif) Je ris de vous. Beaucoup. Et je discute avec d'autres membres du personnel sur d'autres forums au sujet de votre comportement.

Nous, à linux, détestons les spammeurs. Prenez votre crud ailleurs. Merci.

Merci pour l'information! Ça m'aiderai et intensifierai mes méfiances envers les SPAMMEUR et en même temps ça m’éviterai à spammer!

I have been reporting spam posts when I see them. There was a period where I was reporting one to two a day.

Should we tag and report these spam posts, or do the admins work to find and resolve them? I don't want to waste anyone's time wading through tagged posts if this is handled "automagically" behind the scenes.

I have been reporting spam posts when I see them. There was a period where I was reporting one to two a day.

Should we tag and report these spam posts, or do the admins work to find and resolve them? I don't want to waste anyone's time wading through tagged posts if this is handled "automagically" behind the scenes.

I do not know how Ryanvade finds spam, but I manage spam that users report. So, the reports you have made do help. Thanks, @unixfish .

We at linux.org cannot be on all the time so marking posts is VITAL. It is very helpful.

Thank you for helping us out.

[Quote = "ryanvade, poste: 20806, membre: 2159"] Donc, vous voulez le spam ........ vous? Avant de cliquer sur Créer discussion laissez-moi vous dire ce qui va se passer:
1. Votre message (s) sera téléchargé.
2. Quelqu'un remarque le poste (s) et les marque comme spam
3. Un membre du site personnel est informé de la poste et utilise le filtre anti-spam sur votre compte d'utilisateur ici sur le forum.
3a. Votre adresse IP est banni du site
3b. Votre compte de messagerie est banni du site
3c. Votre message (s) sont supprimés à partir du site.
4. Que je fais personnellement que votre IP, email, et le nom d'utilisateur de compte sont ajoutés à......................si vous ne pouvez pas le spam d'autres sites.
5. (Facultatif) Je ris de vous. Beaucoup. Et je discute avec d'autres membres du personnel sur d'autres forums au sujet de votre comportement.

Nous, à linux, détestons les spammeurs. Prenez votre crud ailleurs. Merci.

Merci pour l'information! Ça m'aiderai et intensifierai mes méfiances envers les SPAMMEUR et en même temps ça m’éviterai à spammer!
De même avis! merci!