About Off Topic as one can get...Music

Baddc053

Reaction score
Credits
Okay, I think of myself as pretty catty with music. Especially from mid 60s until the 1980s. I have one that has stumped me for decades. Long ago a paranormal website had it as their bumper music.
They listed it as an old Celtic Christmas song titled "Little Girl"
It's an instrumental, very spooky/dark/eerie. I don't see how it could be Christmas.
I searched & Googled the snot out of it, nothing.
I ran it through a few sites that stated if I could hum a few bars, sing it... whatever, they could name that tune. No...they couldn't. I uploaded the MP3 to them as instructed and got one return. Sounded like some recent crap, not spooky or anything, pretty upbeat actually.
Anyway...if anyone cares to give it a go, I'd be more than happy to email them a copy of it.
Like I mentioned, I got it probably 20 years ago from a defunct paranormal site.

I'll give it a go. I used to listen to some odd stuff back then. It'd be hit or miss, but maybe we'll get lucky.

Thanks, It's attached.

Let me know

Won't let me upload, not the allowed extension.

Okay, Now it's a zip

Attachments

• Unknown - Little Girl.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 154
No clue. It sounds like something that was put together with a midi sequencer, though. Maybe it was made just for that site?

I thought along those lines as well, only thing that threw a wrench in the machine was that my fiancee from England she remembered something very similar from her Grandmother, but not at Christmas. Go figure.

Not even Google can recognize this song. They're usually pretty good at it.

So, I'm also thinking it's just some midi file created by the site's author(s).

Not even Google can recognize this song. They're usually pretty good at it.

So, I'm also thinking it's just some midi file created by the site's author(s).
Agreed, I've been looking for years...decades. The one result it did give me was way off. The original description I got was an old Celtic Christmas song. Was titled Little Girl or Lil' Girl. I'm thinking it was the latter.
I've searched old/celtic/Christmas/holiday along with every possible way to spell Little Girl.
I've searched midis, free music, copyright © music...ran out of search options.
I know people from Wales & Scotland and they just have the same results, only sounds remotely familiar to them, but they remember it being a bit slower.
Thanks for the trying though.
Pretty spooky little ditty though eh?

Members online