ACPI bios error... still boots fine.

BigBadBeef

Reaction score
Credits
20211207_073808.jpg

I am getting this bug when booting. I think it started appearing after my most recent update. What is it?

If I remember correctly it has to do with the kernel supporting something that your bios doesn't, you could either try disabling those or try updating your bios.

You mean disabling that particular part of the kernel?

How they show here, they basically give an option at boot for a specific setting which should disable those acpi messages. The other option is to upgrade you BIOS/UEFI.

How they show here, they basically give an option at boot for a specific setting which should disable those acpi messages. The other option is to upgrade you BIOS/UEFI.
Yeah, well, if its not broke, I'm going around fixing it. Mine isn't even nearly as bad as the one described in the link provided. In any regards, it still runs smoothly. Unless I run into performance issues or long boot times, I will leave it as it is. This is pc in its' final months of its service to me.

You can ignore the errors nothing the alarmed for, I recently updated my BIOS/UEFI and it was a breeze compared to what it used to be way back.

Its not that I'm alarmed, I was curious. I've been poking around linux for around 6 months now, and I'm here to stay. Its a welcome upgrade from that disgusting bloated mess from Microsoft. I used to be able to take a s***t in peace while windows loaded now I don't even have time to read a bug report!

Staff online

Members online