ACPI error

man00

Reaction score
Credits
This error is in windows 10 & 11 and in Ubuntu. In windows it is event id 56 with not much info
Ubuntu gives a little more info, any help how to fix this ?

Attachments

• acpi error.jpg
    acpi error.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 221

have you checked the BIOS settings ? [see your last line]

man00 asked:
any help how to fix this ?
If you search linux.org there's quite a bit of discussion on ACPI errors. It has a long history. Basically, if there are no observable problems with the functions of the machine, the error messages are harmless. The explanation for that is in the kernel documentation which briefly informs the reader that different BIOS/UEFI manufacturers, producers, companies etc. vary in their compliance with the ACPI open standard which the kernel actually observes, hence the message is:
Complain to your platform/BIOS vendor if you find a bug which is so severe that a workaround is not accepted in the Linux kernel.

You could also try updating your bios/uefi to the most recent version available which you should be able to download from the manufacturer's website. I remember one system of mine which didn't show those errors but after a certain kernel it started getting those, I never tried updating my bios then but I've read posts where people upgrade their bios/uefi and got rid of those errors.

The 'wording' on my asrock motherboard is slightly different.....but it is quite close to 'Intel Software Guard Extension'.......it was disabled.;.... Enabling it worked like a dream !

@Lord Boltar .....Thank You.

My motherboard is gigabyte z590 UD, there isn't any setting that I could find for SGX in bios

Last edited:
There are lots of different problems with this board, there was a BIOS update released Jan 22 to fix some of them.
For Win users, there are loads of driver &. Security updates..link to download site

There are lots of different problems with this board, there was a BIOS update released Jan 22 to fix some of them.
For Win users, there are loads of driver &. Security updates..link to download site
Thanks, I got the latest bios update. I just notice from a older post I made with my Asus Z97 board it had about the same error

Have you tried my favourite trick yet? It may or may not work but worth a try
Switch on let it boot as far as it goes, press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds release and re-start

Have you tried my favourite trick yet? It may or may not work but worth a try
Switch on let it boot as far as it goes, press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds release and re-start
No haven't tried that one yet...Boot far as it goes would be to the OS, then press power button for 60 seconds or press power button for 60 seconds while it is booting

let it get to where it comes to a stop

Thanks again, I have to give this one some thought first...seems like it might be a good way for corruption of files, but will look into it...

seems like it might be a good way for corruption of files
It won't touch any of your files, all it does is force a BIOS/UEFI to re-boot

Members online

Latest posts