Adding "Are you sure?" button

• Thread starter Deleted member 143502
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 143502

Hello. I will use Pop!_OS. As you know it is a Ubuntu-fork. So, I have decided to write here.

In all Linux OS I used, there are buttons like "OK" and "Exit". But; you know sometimes we may change some settings without noticing by accident. So, I want to add kinda button such as "Discard changes", "Apply changes", "Are you sure?" etc. like Windows did. Is there any possible way to do that?

Technical answer: Yes, absolutely.

Actual answer: You'd have to edit the program(s) and then recompile them.

You can also approach the project maintainers to see if they're interested in adding those options, but they probably don't want to - or they'd have added them already. Still, it can't hurt to ask - though you may be told to do it yourself.

I don't see the point of adding those, I would think if you press "OK" than you are accepting changes which is the same as "Apply changes" and when you press "Exit" that means you are not "OK" with it and the changes won't be saved meaning it is the same as "Discard changes". Also in Windows when I press "Appy" my changes are saved but they are saved as well when I press "OK".

Last edited:
Linux Mint has buttons for that...if you try to delete a Folder...you get...Are You Sure You Want to Permanently Delete.

When you empty the Trash you get...Empty All Items From Trash...and others I can't recall off hand because it's second nature.
m1218.gif

Members online