After A Long sleep() ...

blackneos940

Reaction score
Credits
Hey guys... I'm sorry I've been gone for so long. I've been isolating myself for quite some time, though my health is fine..... I'm back, and have made some Spiritual breakthroughs... The Divine is everywhere... I was lying to myself, thinking that I would not be able to feel that which is beyond words.... I came to the idea that every person's path in Life is sacred, and no one has any right to try and "convert" them.... And if people want to, even then, it's up to that one who walks their path.... Well, that said, how have you all been....? :) I've been studying Microbiology via a textbook someone threw away.... Amazing that someone would throw away something like that, or ANY book for that matter... :\ Well, it's about, you guessed it, Microbiology... :D Hey, did you all know that the early name for Microorganisms was Animalcules? :) Also, I'm working on something that could be potentially VERY helpful for people being antagonized by Black Hats.... Y'know, DDoS stuff, DoS also, Cracking, Payloads, Trojans, Viruses, all of that, plus other related attacks.... Of course, I have to AssUme that the people who might use it one day would be good people, but, anyone can use it of course, so.... It's good to be back, and to say hi to you all again..... Are you guys and gals okay...? :)

Last edited:
Nelson's avatar is a bit different to his previous Adam, it was the character Nelson Muntz out of The Simpsons - now he looks like he means business :)

Still omni-booting Linux Distros? :D

Of course... currently 65 on this rig, and a few more scattered around the house.

My username has not changed in many, many years.

good to see you mate.

Since this is the first time meeting you on the forums, what distribution are you running now days?

Nelson's avatar is a bit different to his previous Adam, it was the character Nelson Muntz out of The Simpsons - now he looks like he means business :)

Of course... currently 65 on this rig, and a few more scattered around the house.
Yeah, he really does look serious now. I'll warn Ralph and Fry. ;)

As for your main PC with the ASCII-load of Distros on it, I'm not surprised. XD It's just one number above 64, BTW. ;D I bet it cost an ARM and a
Bash:
tail
... :3 But yeah, even though we both love installing possibly everything with a CLI and BASH, and possibly KSH, CSH, etc., you've got me beat by a long shot! XD

BTW, I got a cheap Chromebook, an Acer to be specific, and Chrome OS (Linux, of course), and it's got an Intel Celeron, 4 GB of RAM, and a 64 GB eMMC, and ports like a MicroSD slot, a USB port, and a USB-C port, which acts as a Charger female end for the Laptop's Battery!! :D Fingers crossed, I could use MANY standard USB-C cables to charge it's Battery, even though it may not charge as fast as the OEM one... So no worries if the Charger should break or be damaged too much to be reliable.
It's also got great Battery life, and I'm running Debian with Chrome OS's Linux Beta VM Container thingy. :3 Well, Debian seems to be the default anyway.... :) AND, I can run X Server-based Programs, like Ark, the KDE Archiver utility, a port of PuTTY for Linux, Terminal Emulators (there's a default one with the Linux Container), and I can play Minecraft, Doom, and probably anything else Linux can run! :3

Now, this Lappy has a Celeron Processor, so I'm not going to get crazy here. But still, this is neat... :3 I've got Clementine, Chromium, Firefox, LibreOffice, the whole shebang!! :D And a Google Drive subscription, which is pretty cheap. :3 I like Computers..... :)
02f6c69ac75965fa955831727ec9bd0d.jpg

Since this is the first time meeting you on the forums, what distribution are you running now days?
Hey, good sir/madam! :3 Sorry for the wait... :) I run many Distros, but mainly Debian-based ones. I know, I'm a simp. XD I do have Autism, but I don't use Gentoo (yet). ;) I like your Profile pic. :) Eye-catching. :)

Hey, good sir/madam! :3 Sorry for the wait... :) I run many Distros, but mainly Debian-based ones. I know, I'm a simp. XD I do have Autism, but I don't use Gentoo (yet). ;) I like your Profile pic. :) Eye-catching. :)
I was going to try Gentoo at one point but I decided it's not worth it to run a sourced based distribution because of the added compiling time would take it forever to get updates installed each time so I'm sticking to a binary distribution.
I've been isolating myself for quite some time, though my health is fine..... I'm back, and have made some Spiritual breakthroughs... The Divine is everywhere...
Would you mind to share about that, sounds interesting?

Would you mind to share about that, sounds interesting?

REALLY not trying to put a damper on the above, but bear in mind the Rules both for the Forum, and specifically for the Off Topic subforum, to whit

Political, religious or racial discussions, gender and sexual preferences do not belong on this board.

Good to hear, though, Adam you have something going for you :)

@f33dm3bits , on

...but I decided it's not worth it to run a sourced based distribution because of the added compiling time would take it forever to get updates installed each time...

... there are Sabayon, and Calculate, amongst others, which are Gentoo-based, and update easily. I have used both.

Cheers all

Wiz

Last edited:
REALLY not trying to put a damper on the above, but bear in mind the Rules both for the Forum, and specifically for the OF Topic subforum, to whit
Wiz
Political, religious or racial discussions, gender and sexual preferences do not belong on this board.
Spirituality isn't the same as religion, I am a spiritual person when it comes to self enlightenment and self discovery but I am not religious. I"ll leave it at that to abide to the forum rules :)
... there are Sabayon, and Calculate, amongst others, which are Gentoo-based, and update easily. I have used both.
I've heard of those but I'm happy with my current two favorite distributions, if I ever get bored and have some extra time I'll go all the way and try Gentoo but thanks anyways! ;)

Last edited:

Members online