AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Last edited:

Unlike Nvidia, which insists in making it hard to work with their GPUs in Linux.

I hope enough game developers will implement it their games, as well as the ones I play! I actually replaced my Nvidia graphics card with an AMD graphics card a few months ago because I wanted to use opensource drivers. I was actually starting to think I made the wrong choice because of having seen how games visually improved using DLSS 2.2 and was starting to get disappointing because one the games I played implemented it and I couldn't use it. Having read several articles about it and some youtubers making comparisons, even thought FSR is not meant to be a competitor for DLSS because it uses different technology, it look promising for FSR and it will be interesting to see the development of it.

This is great! I am really excited to see AMD do this! NVIDIA needs to set up!

NV? would be like MS saying all versions are now open source and free to all.

Been building PC's since '95, Used ATI cards in the day. Bought 1 Nv and after first post and signal would not allow reboot. BIOS error no video output. Didn't try another NV card until about 2007. Microcenter had a sale for 59.99 on a 2 gig card. Was running Win so no driver issues.

They also, even during this whole cant find a GPU just released the next card priced almost 2 grand. Why would I buy a card 4 times the price of the PC?

I suspect Nvidia's market focus is gonna be on the mining industry for a while. At least that's the way the winds seem to be blowing.

NV? would be like MS saying all versions are now open source and free to all.

Been building PC's since '95, Used ATI cards in the day. Bought 1 Nv and after first post and signal would not allow reboot. BIOS error no video output. Didn't try another NV card until about 2007. Microcenter had a sale for 59.99 on a 2 gig card. Was running Win so no driver issues.

They also, even during this whole cant find a GPU just released the next card priced almost 2 grand. Why would I buy a card 4 times the price of the PC?

I've used ATI (Sapphire versions) cards quite a bit as well when I was a lot younger, used to pair it up with an AMD Athlon CPU, and it ran great. Later, it seemed that nvidia + intel performed better in gaming in Windows so I ended up switching. These days with AMD, they're doing really well and provide a great alternative. I am actually contemplating going down the road of AMD GPUs like f33dm3bits but I am going to wait a bit, I got a 2080Ti a while back and the card is still great and allows me to play my games in Linux with no issues.

ATI was bought by AMD. They have a new one under 400 when Nv has the 2000 dollar one.

6 core Intel on my desk vs 2 core AMD on a new build. Intel was winning in core benchmarking. But in the end total AMD was only 12 points behind. The AMD 3000g APU would load a game and play. Intel would just think about loading the same. Both with 16GB ram.

Just Upgraded the AMD to a 6 Core Ryzen 3600 and a AMD Radeon 4 gig GPU. The 3600 was 199 at Microcenter. The Intel 15 6 core only 6 threads and 14NS. 3600 6 cores 12 threads and 7NS. Plus overall AMD Motherboards are cheaper than intel

I've used ATI (Sapphire versions) cards quite a bit as well when I was a lot younger, used to pair it up with an AMD Athlon CPU, and it ran great. Later, it seemed that nvidia + intel performed better in gaming in Windows so I ended up switching. These days with AMD, they're doing really well and provide a great alternative. I am actually contemplating going down the road of AMD GPUs like f33dm3bits but I am going to wait a bit, I got a 2080Ti a while back and the card is still great and allows me to play my games in Linux with no issues.
Stick to your Nvidia card for now, it's still a really good card that you have there. When I bought my RX 6700XT I paid more for it than it is actually worth because I just wanted one, so my want outweighed the price at the time.

I have actually tried FSR with Steam games using ProtonGE and it really works! If you don't know how it works, here's a good video explaining how you can use it.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts