An amusing ad...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I don't block ads on Linux.org. In fact, I sometimes click on 'em, because I know what it's like to fund a website or ten. Sometimes, the ads amuse me.

Selection_176.png

If Google knows so much, why do they so seldom offer me anything I'm interested in? If they know so much, why are they advertising *Windows* VPS services?

The part that I find disturbing is that Windows is lowercase. Is it a genuine mistake, or is it a scam?

I have no idea if it's an error or a scam. I didn't actually click that ad. Instead, I grabbed a screenshot so that we can laugh at their poor ad budget management.

It's probably a few dollars if I clicked on the ad, so maybe I should have clicked on it.

I grabbed a screenshot so that we can laugh at their poor ad budget management.
Laugh all ya want at their poor ad budget management.

Microsoft is making piles of money and will continue to do so and laughing all the way to the bank.

Laugh all ya want at their poor ad budget management.

Microsoft is making piles of money and will continue to do so and laughing all the way to the bank.
That's a Hostek ad, not a MS ad. Though, I suppose they made money on the license of the windows you would rent.

That's a Hostek ad, not a MS ad. Though, I suppose they made money on the license of the windows you would rent.
OH well shows you what I know right. :oops:
I guess if wasn't amusing before it is now. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure I would bite on that Ad - first it says nothing about Linux :)
Hostek is a server management subscription service they will manage your server load for you so you can fire your IT team :(

OH well shows you what I know right.

I think Google now requires that you disclose the business' name in ads these days. So, I look for that.

(There are a few sites where I don't block ads, including mine so that I can see what sorta ads Google's displaying.)

Members online