An ERROR after starting MediaTomb

geno11x11

Reaction score
Credits
I'm using an old version of OPENSUSE Evergreen 11.4 along with MediaTomb. The other day, while starting Mediatomb, an error popped up in the terminal following a successful start. After, Mediatomb failed to run. Cannot find anything online to shed light on the error or it's cause. Can anyone tell me what it means and how to correct it?

ERROR: AbstractHash::search() failed, maximal number of iterations exceeded: h:5452 h2:29 size:9888
ERROR: Exception caught: AbstractHash::search() failed, maximal number of iterations exceeded: h:5133 h2:29

Development has stopped for MediaTomb back in 2013 I think - this error may be caused by too many files in the folder which exceeds the hard-coded hash file or it is caused by the periodic update check , since it is no longer supported the update check fails - bottom line is time to upgrade, might want to look at Plex Media Server

Thanks for your response. I rebuilt the database and removed links to some directories to reduce its size and got it working again. I was considering upgrading to Gerbera - a current offshoot of MediaTomb but I will look into Plex as well. Are there any particular strengths of Plex over MediaTomb/Gerbera?

Members online

Latest posts