Android wired tether help

S

stuckintheskull

Well i just installed ubuntu 11.10 and im trying to use my phones internet connection but cant figure out how to connect the two. This is my first time working with linux so i am a noob at this. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Its called Easythether Pro. I downloaded the linux drivers to my phone then copied them to my desktop and tried installing them but it doesnt work. That's where im at right now. Not sure what im doing wrong.

After you install the "drivers" package, open a terminal and run:

easytether connect

Then connect your phone. Typically it is recommended to set your USB function to Charge Only.

My problem is i can't seem to get the drivers installed.

Nothing pops up. i've tried redownloading the drivers but the same thing happens.

Open a terminal:

cd Desktop
sudo dpkg -i easytether_0.7.2-1_i386.deb

When I turn my tether on I just can see the new network and connect to it.

Dude you rock! Worked great. I left out "cd Desktop" before. Dumb mistake still learning. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for this Kevin. I was also trying to do something similar and this helped! Thanks so much! :D

just use EasyTether. I'm using it right now, it works great, and its easy as hell to setup. It pretty much does everything for you and even remembers to tether it after initial use. Yeah i payed 10 bucks or something for it off the app market but hell, 10 bucks for unlimited wireless internet that usually costs 60 bucks a month? I'm no Einstein but 10 bucks seems worth it to me.

If you have a Verizon phone on Froyo, there should be an app already installed on your device called 3G Mobile HotSpot. If you open this, you can start the HotSpot, and your device will function as a wireless router connected through your phone's Internet.

I had no clue that android phones could even tether or communicate with Linux computers. That is very interesting to hear.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts