Any free course on SQL database managing through command line on Linux?

rado84

Reaction score
Credits
The coming January of February a friend of mine wants from me to administrate a Linux server with database on it but IDK how to do that. He too knows IDK how but he insist. So my only option is to find a free course on SQL databases for me to exercise at home on my computer. Do you know of anything like this? Once upon a time there were books and PDFs of books how to work win Windows 98, so I'm looking for something like that but for SQL db in Linux. From what I was told, the managing of the db will happen mostly remotely, meaning through a command line.

@arochester I'm and have always been a backup maniac, so that's not a problem. :D
@KGIII They said it would be MySQL on a remote linux server.
@wizardfromoz I'll check your link. I haven't explored any venues yet bc I have absolutely no idea what mySQL is. It's like a whole new language to learn for me.

MySQL is ACID compliant, so there's that. There's still a strong userbase, so answers are easy to find - and easy to ask. Quite a few MySQL gurus jumped ship for MariaDB, and not without good reason. Many jumped just to avoid anything associated with Oracle.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts