Any HPLIP experts here

D

darrendazzler

Hey guys, just downloaded HPLIP and installed my new HP printer, all is well except for a couple of issues....

1. The text/images are being cropped at the top of each page, any way to adjust the margins, can't find it anywhere ?
2. I'm getting a printout page after each print giving me info such as time etc, can this be switched off ?

Thanks.

R

rstanley

What application are you using to print to the printer? What are the margins in the app? For example, if you are using Libreoffice Writer, check [Format], [Page] and see if the margins are at least .25 inches or 7 millimeters. This has worked for me here in the States with most printers.

Is there a setting on the printer for margins?

If at least this wide, then it must be a driver issue.

As for your other question, does this happen with every application? If so, then again it would be in the printer driver settings.

D

darrendazzler

Thanks for the reply, it's happening in the two applications i've used so far, Libre Office and PDF viewer, would i need to try and adjust the margins within these applications ? I can't find any margin settings on the printer itself.
The second issue is something I think I've done, it didn't do it when I started printing but since I've been prodding about in HPLIP it started :)

R

rstanley

As I said,
For example, if you are using Libreoffice Writer, check [Format], [Page] and see if the margins are at least .25 inches or 7 millimeters.
Yes, you need to check these settings in both apps, and you might want to test other apps you can print from such as you standard browser, etc...

R

ryanvade

HP Device Manager --> Printer Settings --> General then make sure the page sizes are correct also.

D

darrendazzler

Thanks guys, think I've managed them both, I've set it to 'borderless' and seems to be ok now, have also managed to switch off the 'receipt' function which i think i accidentally switched on.

R

rstanley

Thanks guys, think I've managed them both, I've set it to 'borderless' and seems to be ok now, have also managed to switch off the 'receipt' function which i think i accidentally switched on.
Great! Glad to help!

Happy printing! ;^)

Members online