Any HPLIP experts here

D

darrendazzler

Hey guys, just downloaded HPLIP and installed my new HP printer, all is well except for a couple of issues....

1. The text/images are being cropped at the top of each page, any way to adjust the margins, can't find it anywhere ?
2. I'm getting a printout page after each print giving me info such as time etc, can this be switched off ?

Thanks.

What application are you using to print to the printer? What are the margins in the app? For example, if you are using Libreoffice Writer, check [Format], [Page] and see if the margins are at least .25 inches or 7 millimeters. This has worked for me here in the States with most printers.

Is there a setting on the printer for margins?

If at least this wide, then it must be a driver issue.

As for your other question, does this happen with every application? If so, then again it would be in the printer driver settings.

Thanks for the reply, it's happening in the two applications i've used so far, Libre Office and PDF viewer, would i need to try and adjust the margins within these applications ? I can't find any margin settings on the printer itself.
The second issue is something I think I've done, it didn't do it when I started printing but since I've been prodding about in HPLIP it started :)

As I said,
For example, if you are using Libreoffice Writer, check [Format], [Page] and see if the margins are at least .25 inches or 7 millimeters.
Yes, you need to check these settings in both apps, and you might want to test other apps you can print from such as you standard browser, etc...

HP Device Manager --> Printer Settings --> General then make sure the page sizes are correct also.

Thanks guys, think I've managed them both, I've set it to 'borderless' and seems to be ok now, have also managed to switch off the 'receipt' function which i think i accidentally switched on.

Thanks guys, think I've managed them both, I've set it to 'borderless' and seems to be ok now, have also managed to switch off the 'receipt' function which i think i accidentally switched on.
Great! Glad to help!

Happy printing! ;^)

Members online

Latest posts