Anybody else ever tried Haiku OS?

I did, indeed! LOL

I stand by my ask 'em if you want to go further. Someone'll help you get that sorted. Probably...

There was a brief spell where networking didn't work (for me) in VIrtualBox but I am definitely an outlier there. 'Snot too many folks spinning up GhostBSD VMs for their own amusement, I don't imagine.

I don't think I recorded it, but it was fixed in the next version - or VirtualBox was fixed in the next version. It eventually started working on its own.

Worst case, you can always threaten your computer with a hammer.
I didn't bother with a VM, just booted live USB. If it finds the networks, and errors on connecting, I'm not going to bother with chasing down what should be a simple task for an OS.
As I said, I have masochistic tedencies, but I'm not going to bang my head on an unfinished OS.
Ty again!

Haiku works well on older 'standard equipment', I find, but maybe newer stuff hasn't yet got drivers - it's the same with Linux & BSD, they need a little bit of time to produce the drivers for more modern equipment - but if you have an older machine, give them all a try......Linux, BSD, & Haiku. ;)