Anyone like classical music?

Tolkem

Reaction score
Credits

Nik-Ken-Bah

Reaction score
Credits
@warlockk What language is the lady singing in?

Nik-Ken-Bah

Reaction score
Credits

captain-sensible

Reaction score
Credits

70 Tango Charlie

Reaction score
Credits

Serafim

Reaction score
Credits
This piece is called the Swan Concerto and the soloist is Zhao Cong and the instrument is called the Pipa ( a Chinese version of what the Europeans call a Lute) and yes I like Chinese Traditional instruments especially the Pipa, Dizi ( a bamboo flute ) Xiao ( a vertical Bamboo flute )
She is an accomplished Pipa player and I like her renditions of songs.
Zhao Cong is the Pipa Principal of the China National Traditional Orchestra, a National Class One Musician, a committee member of the All-China Youth Federation and consultant to the arts troupes of the Peking University.

Very impressed by Zhao Cong's skill (and her clothing). Some Chinese opera sopranos have also impressed me a lot, like Ying Huang as Cio-Cio San in Madame Butterfly. Her performance of Un Bel di Vedremo is one of the best ever.

Nik-Ken-Bah

Reaction score
Credits
Here is another Chinese Tradtional instrument the Erhu, a bowed two stringed instrument

Yu Hongmei

Yu Hongmei is China's leading virtuoso contemporary erhu soloist. She is an educator: professor, graduate supervisor and director of the Chinese Music Department at the Central Conservatory of Music. She is the vice chair of the Erhu Society of Chinese Musicians Association; the vice chair of the Huqin Professional Committee of Chinese National Orchestra Association; the guest erhu soloist for China National Traditional Orchestra and a guest professor at the University of Calgary in Canada.

Nik-Ken-Bah

Reaction score
Credits
Here is another Erhu piece by Hongmei.
This is a slightly fast paced piece in contrast to the Ballad of Northern Henan Province titled "Horse Racing"

wizardfromoz

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
i am a guitar fan - any type of guitar, but i hope classical guitar is welcome here, if not, the OP can let me down, gently :)

"malaguena" has been recorded by a number of artists, but i found this one with michael lucarelli, with good sound and hd vid

enjoy

wizard

Nik-Ken-Bah

Reaction score
Credits
$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Staff online