Anyone like classical music?

Show us some examples !

well @Tim Porter hes played on classic FM ; i don't thing hes in the same class as Rachmaninoff. Hes a little sort repetitive to me, like a collection if riffs stringed together But as @Condobloke says give us some examples

I listened to this. Not my cup of tea at all.

Tastes vary....thankfully.

Solo Piano

Giovanni Marradi

The baritone in this group...Carlos Marin died on 19th December 2021. He was hospitalised and placed in an induced coma. His death was a result of Covid 19.

Carlos was just 53. he contracted covid on December 7th 2021

Il Divo is an internationally group ....owned by Simon Cowell.

Carlos Marin

My music taste are very eclectic , this is probably my most favorite bit of light classical

The Lark is beautiful. I haven't heard it in a long time. I listen to a lot of abstract music but there are some simpler (probably not a good word description for that) pieces which I have always enjoyed. Thanks for the entry.
My goodness. I was finishing listening to the Lark and saw the oboe players. I used to play oboe. It was only at that moment that I realized I was watching a youth orchestra. Must be very nice to be part of something like that.

Pachelbel's Canon was popular during his lifetime in the late 1600s, but lost popularity until it was rediscovered in the 1960s. The distinctive eight bar progression was taken on in many forms by rock and pop artists, while the original form of the piece became a mainstay at weddings.
There is also a 'thing' called 12 bar blues, which is used extensively by rock artists of today, and yesterday,
eg, : Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, and many others...

1. Pride and Joy – Stevie Ray Vaughan
2. Rock and Roll – Led Zeppelin
3. Tush – ZZ Top
4. Johnny B. Goode – Chuck Berry
5. Going Up The Country – Canned Heat
6. Hound Dog – Elvis Presley
7. Tutti Frutti – Little Richard
8. The Thrill is Gone – B.B. King
9. Crossroads – Eric Clapton
10. Ball and Biscuit – The White Stripes
11. I Got You (I Feel Good) – James Brown
12. Rock Around the Clock – Bill Haley & His Comets
13. Something Like Olivia – John Mayer
14. Bring It On Home (Intro) – Led Zeppelin
15. Give Me One Reason – Tracy Chapman
16. Red House – Jimi Hendrix
17. I’m Your Hoochie Coochie Man – Muddy Waters
18. Crosscut Saw – Albert King
19. T-Bone Shuffle – T-Bone Walker
20. Rock and Roll Music – The Beatles
21. Move It On Over – George Thorogood
22. Ice Cream Man – John Lee Hooker
23. Sweet Home Chicago – Robert Johnson
24. Viola Lee Blues – The Grateful Dead
25. Still Haven’t found What I’m Lookin’ For – U2
26. Call Me The Breeze – Lynyrd Skynyrd
27. The Jack – AC/DC
28. Rave On – Buddy Holly
29.Blues With a Feeling – Little Walter
30. Dust My Broom – Elmore James
31. Folsom Prison Blues – Johnny Cash
32. Stuck In The Middle With You – Stealers Wheel
33. Maybellene – Chuck Berry
34. Kansas City – Wilbert Harrison
35. Good Golly Miss Molly – Little Richard
36. Boom Boom – John Lee Hooker
37. Mustang Sally – Buddy Guy
38. Going Down – Freddie King
39. Blue and Lonesome – The Rolling Stones
40. Have You Ever Loved a Woman? – Derek & The Dominos
41. Mary Had a Little Lamb – Stevie Ray Vaughan
42. Strange Brew – Cream
43. Boogie Shoes – KC & The Sunshine Band
44. I Can’t Quit You, Baby – Led Zeppelin
45. Baby What You Want Me To Do – Jimmy Reed
46. Born Under A Bad Sign – Albert King
47. Iceman – Albert Collins
48. Rock Me Baby – Johnny Winter
49. All Your Love – John Mayall
50. Killing Floor – Howlin’ WolfGP Tabs
51. Ten Long Years – B.B. King

My music taste are very eclectic , this is probably my most favorite bit of light classical

My tastes are also eclectic as well and I like Sibelius's work.

Gobsmackingly gorgeous HD, Brian, and those orchids and other flowers are uplifting.

Thanks for sharing, I will watch the rest of this over my weekend :)

Chris

Take a peek at the girl who looks asian sitting next to the lead violinist at 5:55......Very easy on the eyes......also very talented....(Musically of course)

usually i listen to ClassicFm each late evening they don't seem to play Maurice Ravel's Piano Concerto in G major that often but heard it a few times and growing on me.

Start with Vivaldi and end with Schubert, Chopin.
But Mahler, Wagner ... no thanks.
My favorites: Adagio (Albinoni), Beethoven's Appassionata, Bach's Tocatta & Fugue in D Minor, Schubert's Death & The Maiden, Mozart's Clarinet Quintet - and the Ultimate, Mozart's Requiem.

Very easy on the eyes
Brian I also find them easy on the eyes especially Chen Yue and Zhao Cong and Deng Li jun especially Yue is a flautist using mainly the bamboo flutes known as the Dizi and xiāo and Cong is a Pipa player which is also known as the Chinese lute. both these ladies are talented players of their respective instruments. Li Jun is also known as Teresa Teng. But I understand what you mean about the violinist in the orchestra.
Also I have the Scheherazade in my music collection.

Just something of interest about the work
This orchestral work combines two features typical of Russian music in general and of Rimsky-Korsakov in particular: dazzling, colourful orchestration and an interest in the East, which figured greatly in the history of Imperial Russia, as well as Orientalism in general. The name "Scheherazade" refers to the main character Scheherazade of the One Thousand and One Nights. It is one of Rimsky-Korsakov's most popular works.

Members online

Latest posts