Anyone use the Lenovo Tiny for anything interesting?

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
It appears to meet the definition of SBC, but it's a bit more "complete" than some other options choices in the sphere.

I have a project in mind, but don't know if I'll need that much computational resources.

I'd go with a mini Ryzen PC less cost for better pro. Also AMD uses power better.

Get a Bare bones Mini Forum if you ain't gonna use Windows why start with it installed?

At the shop we have a second PC on the back bench, don,t use it really. Tried today it is a Lenovo Think-it-can't. It was very slow with a cable connection. Failed to load Distro Watch page. Didn't check the specs, know its Intel but not sure which. I would stay away from that.

Check out ETA Prime on Utube he reviews tons of minis for retro gaming and he has been doing a lot of AMD systems.

I think the Pi may be a better choice for me. I had some, but I can't seem to find them.

Anyhow, my (tentative) goal is a tablet-like device that lets you control certain house functions from the device. I'd want one in each room.

That's looking like it might do the trick. Thanks! I'll be researching/pondering until just after the new year. That's when I'm hoping to have time to get started on it.

KGIII dident you say at some point you had them in a drawer?

Indeed. I looked in said drawer and they are not there. They were in said drawer for years, I'm pretty sure. The missus indicated that she thinks I might have given them away - possibly while intoxicated. That does sound like something I'd do. Amusingly, I noticed they were missing when I went to give them away (possibly for a second time).

Yeah, that was the plan. I looked in said drawer and they were gone. The missus seemed pretty sure that I'd given them away. (The drawer of 'various computer bits' is not in this room where I do most of my computing.) I have no memory of giving them away, so I must have been pretty intoxicated. For a while, I was pretty heavily doped up (automobile wreck), so it may have been around that time. She was uncertain of the time/date that I'd given them away. She's usually pretty sober.

The tablet linked above in a video is what I'm going to next spend time investigating.

Members online

Latest posts