Arch Install issue

Z

ZZs

So yesterday I I nstalled Arch, like 30 times before, I unmount reboot and green verticle video lines distort the screen. I can't see the login. The X framework is not installed yet so I was thinking maybe its reading old files. So I dd zero the entire drive last night. Went to install again today same problem. I have not tried to load the X framework from within arch-chroot but I never had to before. I'm using an iso from last January, but I just used it a couple weeks ago. So I thought maybe new ISO? It's just puzzles me to death I build Arch quite often.
I'm downloading a new iso fyi.

Last edited:

So I downloaded a new iso and wtf I got a a bad iso. This simple task just became a mind fk. So I get a new iso looks good worked on two computers but this one fk up. I dont get it. This time I had a woman in my ear the whole install so did I mess up??? I dont get it I'm a pro at installing arch. Now Im frustrated. Last thing I think of was the laptop was leaned up against the wall and fell over. Centos was on it and never acted like it had an issue after it fell over. So I thought memeory get jared up?
I'm in a pissy mood now. I never have a prob installing Arch.

So I downloaded a new iso and wtf I got a a bad iso. This simple task just became a mind fk. So I get a new iso looks good worked on two computers but this one fk up. I dont get it. This time I had a woman in my ear the whole install so did I mess up??? I dont get it I'm a pro at installing arch. Now Im frustrated. Last thing I think of was the laptop was leaned up against the wall and fell over. Centos was on it and never acted like it had an issue after it fell over. So I thought memeory get jared up?
I'm in a pissy mood now. I never have a prob installing Arch.
Do you have an old ISO on a disk or they on USB? Since Arch installs from servers and not from the packages on the ISO there really isn't a solid reason you need to use the newest ArchISO

Do you have an old ISO on a disk or they on USB? Since Arch installs from servers and not from the packages on the ISO there really isn't a solid reason you need to use the newest ArchISO

Bro, I dont get it. I tried everything and trust me I know how to load Arch. Tried old ISO tried new ISO so I'm going to try another distro and see if it reboots. If it dont I'll check the memory thats the last thing I can think of. What staterted out to be a simple task is a pain.
Question? How do I add a # sign at the beginning of every line really fast? I can build arch fast if I # out all the servers but my 2 fastest mirrors. I know this is possible but I dont know how to do it in linux without X and calc. It will just save 3 minutes but a frustrating 3 minutes.. I'm # out my crapy servers and a couple minutes save me a lot of time.
To think, I was going to make a post on step by step how to load Arch with links to the top 6 DEs instaled step by step and I can't get it loaded myself. That's linux...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1496671
a simple script, but using nano would probably be faster. You should run memtest for a few hours. See if anything pops up.

Green lines across the screen is an indication of a busted LCD. Is there any output during boot up that indicates a problem?

Last edited:
But Centos was just on this. Anyway Fedora is isntalling no network, lazy now bro.
If it bombs I try your suggestion. I was building this for a special purpose not my main laptop.

But Centos was just on this. Anyway Fedora is isntalling no network, lazy now bro.
If it bombs I try your suggestion. I was building this for a special purpose not my main laptop.
Were you using the latest mirror list?

On what distro? Fedora's mirrors suck for me. That's why I killed it. I need to pull from Kernel.org or LAX the cloud, but I prefer kernel. West cost now bro not Tennesee I moved back to Cali. I have np with Arch if I set my mirrors.

Dam Fedora slow I can load Arch fast than this. I'm only installing from CD tooo.

I am pretty sure the mirror list and server keys were updated recently on Arch. It could be causing install problems.

I am pretty sure the mirror list and server keys were updated recently on Arch. It could be causing install problems.
I nano out everything manualy and pick may fastest mirror thats how I build it so fast.

I nano out everything manualy and pick may fastest mirror thats how I build it so fast.
yes, but the list you are working with may not be up-to-date. And the server keys may not be updated either. Which could cause problems pulling the wrong versions or bad packages.

yes, but the list you are working with may not be up-to-date. And the server keys may not be updated either. Which could cause problems pulling the wrong versions or bad packages.

I pulled from new ISO??? I know my mirrors I not gonna pull from Japan bro... So you think I should let iso make choice? I never done that once I learned Arch...

I pulled from new ISO??? I know my mirrors I not gonna pull from Japan bro... So you think I should let iso make choice? I never done that once I learned Arch...

PM me on IRC instructions.

Fedora booted fine. Yeah, I will try that tomorrow but after 5 times 20 minutes a pop I'm fn done for the day bro! Thanks Ryan

Yeah I'm back. I cant let this beat me down.
? so you think downloading the pacman-mirrorlist dated 5-31-2014 will effect the 06-2014 iso I pulled from the cloud or kernel.org. I did try iso from both sites. I never tried the torrent but I don't mind I verify the chksum anyway. I would think the 06 iso would have the 5-31 mirrorlist. Do the torrents update sooner? Being that I know how to install arch and it live installs does it really matter. I pull from kernel.org. They up to date bro. I think... Regarding the issues I had today, the issues I've had, doesnt make sense to me.

Members online