Arch Linux network not working and files not saving

Aubreypy

Credits
I downloaded arch Linux recently, and when I booted with the USB to install arch the network was working fine, now when I boot with grub, my network no longer works and I can’t install any packages, and when I boot with the USB to install items they don’t show up when I boot arch,

the network works with the installer after I use iwctl to connect to my network, then I install network manager, then boot arch Linux and then network manager is no longer there, and iwctl is not working either.

this sounds like I’m a complete idiot kek because this is my first time using arch, normally use kali, Centos or Debian but I was unable to install it on this computer, I also would have used arch forum but I couldn’t complete the verification since I can’t copy and paste from my computer.

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Credits
What do you mean networkmanager is no longer there or do you mean you no longer have a network connection? It sound more like you forgot to enable networkmanager. Login to your system open a terminal and then do the following as root:
Code:
systemctl enable NetworkManager
systemctl start NetworkManager

Aubreypy

Credits
this is what I get, I can still boot into my USB, and use iwctl to connect to my network, but when I boot into arch Linux with grub, iwctl is not there.
image.jpg

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Credits
iwctl is only party of the live image, if you didn't install during your system install in arch-chroot it's not going to be available on your system. Can you show the output of
Code:
pacman -Qqe | grep networkmanager

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Credits
That means networkmanager didn't install successfully when you were in the arch-chroot environment during installation. You can either try using systemd-networkd, assign an ip address/router manually after you can then install your preferred network daemon. or you can boot with the live iso and arch-chroot into your system and either install networkmanager, iwctl or another network daemon.

Members online