Arch Linux network not working and files not saving

Aubreypy

Reaction score
Credits
I downloaded arch Linux recently, and when I booted with the USB to install arch the network was working fine, now when I boot with grub, my network no longer works and I can’t install any packages, and when I boot with the USB to install items they don’t show up when I boot arch,

the network works with the installer after I use iwctl to connect to my network, then I install network manager, then boot arch Linux and then network manager is no longer there, and iwctl is not working either.

this sounds like I’m a complete idiot kek because this is my first time using arch, normally use kali, Centos or Debian but I was unable to install it on this computer, I also would have used arch forum but I couldn’t complete the verification since I can’t copy and paste from my computer.

What do you mean networkmanager is no longer there or do you mean you no longer have a network connection? It sound more like you forgot to enable networkmanager. Login to your system open a terminal and then do the following as root:
Code:
systemctl enable NetworkManager
systemctl start NetworkManager

this is what I get, I can still boot into my USB, and use iwctl to connect to my network, but when I boot into arch Linux with grub, iwctl is not there.
image.jpg

iwctl is only party of the live image, if you didn't install during your system install in arch-chroot it's not going to be available on your system. Can you show the output of
Code:
pacman -Qqe | grep networkmanager

iwctl is only party of the live image, if you didn't install during your system install in arch-chroot it's not going to be available on your system. Can you show the output of
Code:
pacman -Qqe | grep networkmanager
It gives no output.

That means networkmanager didn't install successfully when you were in the arch-chroot environment during installation. You can either try using systemd-networkd, assign an ip address/router manually after you can then install your preferred network daemon. or you can boot with the live iso and arch-chroot into your system and either install networkmanager, iwctl or another network daemon.

Members online