arch wifi problem (solved)

Reaction score
Credits
after installing arch (where wifi worked fine) i boot up into the terminal try to install a desktop enviroment and now wifi is missing, along with all of the programs used to connect to a network all i have is ip link, no netctl,networkmanager,wifimenu,iw. unsure on what to do

thank you!

still unsure of what to do as after more research there apears to be no guides online :/

1. Boot from the arch iso.
2. Use "iwctl" to connect to your wireless network, it should be included in the Arch iso.
3. After you have a working network connection chroot into your installation.
4. Then install NetworkManager or another Network Manager of your choice.

If iwctl is not in the Arch iso, you can also try using "nmcli" and if that isn't available you can always plugin a network cable.

1. Boot from the arch iso.
2. Use "iwctl" to connect to your wireless network, it should be included in the Arch iso.
3. After you have a working network connection chroot into your installation.
4. Then install NetworkManager or another Network Manager of your choice.

If iwctl is not in the Arch iso, you can also try using "nmcli" and if that isn't available you can always plugin a network cable.
if i install networkmanager will that be there after the installation of arch is complete?

if i install networkmanager will that be there after the installation of arch is complete?
Yes but you have to enable it to start at boot.
Code:
systemctl enable NetworkManager

this message was sent from arch : D thanks for the help!

for clarification if anybody stumbles across this post later and needs help on i used this guide to help me here and for wifi i found that this guide was better of course alongside the arch wiki and following the steps posted above : )

Members online

Latest posts