ArchLinux available textbooks

WollfieHB

Reaction score
Credits
Other than Arch Wiki does anyone know of any textbooks regarding Arch CLI commands and usage? A textbook would be so much better for me.

Arch Linux: Quick Guide for Beginners Linux for Beginners​

you may have problems finding it in print, you can buy the kindle version from Amazon

I will look into that. Im sure I can get it printed of possible. Thanks you.

Not sure how well a textbook will help you, the wiki is constantly edited when there are changes but textbooks don't get updated too often. If you understand how Linux works all the same basics and fundamentals apply to all distributions even for Arch and Gentoo.

I will look into that. Im sure I can get it printed of possible. Thanks you
Not sure how well a textbook will help you, the wiki is constantly edited when there are changes but textbooks don't get updated too often. If you understand how Linux works all the same basics and fundamentals apply to all distributions even for Arch and Gentoo.
Much easier for me and convenient to make notes using a textbook instead of switching back and forth between windows. Its just the way I learn, my dyslexia doesn’t help. Im new to it all so id appreciate any and all advice.

Much easier for me and convenient to make notes using a textbook instead of switching back and forth between windows. Its just the way I learn, my dyslexia doesn’t help. Im new to it all so id appreciate any and all advice.
Im the same im old school nd i still like to make notes and scribbles on paper! i recently did an arch install and wrote out my whole install (once i managed to succesffully install arch!) i wrote out all the commands and made notes what the diferent commands were doing i find this helps learning so much and helps with memory too

In fact heres all my Arch install notes. These are my notes to get the base system of arch installed, i also made these notes following along a video that guided me through install - this one: (just make sure you keep 3d acceleration off if u use a virtual box! he enables it on video but dont do that!) hope this helps!

arch_install_page1.jpg
arch_install_page2.jpg
arch_install_page3.jpg

Im the same im old school nd i still like to make notes and scribbles on paper! i recently did an arch install and wrote out my whole install (once i managed to succesffully install arch!) i wrote out all the commands and made notes what the diferent commands were doing i find this helps learning so much and helps with memory too
And the note is always there as long as the book doesn’t get list or the scrap piece of paper doesn’t get thrown away. Mess up on an install…its more like…”what note???”

Installing from CLI using net install. ‘# -m python archguided -install’ its the only way I know. I have the install steps memorized for the most part. Installing from cli without netinstall is a beast. Currently im working on my system back up. Ive come to far to crash this time.

Installing from CLI using net install. ‘# -m python archguided -install’ its the only way I know. I have the install steps memorized for the most part. Installing from cli without netinstall is a beast. Currently im working on my system back up. Ive come to far to crash this time.
i screwed it up several times but each time i learnt something about the screw up, 9 times out of 10 its error by type error when putting commands in, the critical phases are the disk partition, base install and grub setup

i screwed it up several times but each time i learnt something about the screw up, 9 times out of 10 its error by type error when putting commands in, the critical phases are the disk partition, base install and grub setup
Screwing up is how I remember the steps. I seem to retain very well in trial by fire situations.

Screwing up is how I remember the steps. I seem to retain very well in trial by fire situations.
Exactly! You learn from the mistakes you make! :)

I wish I had a $1.00 for every time I screwed up learning Linux and Linux stuff I'd have quite a chunk of money. ;)

I learn by breaking. ;)

In fact heres all my Arch install notes.
looks goo to me ; but I installed grub at pacstrap stage :

Code:
# pacstrap     /mnt base linux linux-firmware  base-devel      vim nano grub efibootmgr

its a pity others can't update or add alternative options to :

looks goo to me ; but I installed grub at pacstrap stage :

Code:
# pacstrap     /mnt base linux linux-firmware  base-devel      vim nano grub efibootmgr

its a pity others can't update or add alternative options to :

awesome i will do that next time i install i also heard on youtube video follow along to make sure you have 3 things before you reboot after install :

1.text editor
2. browser
3.terminal emulator

i also have to get cmatrix and neofetch too ;-)

i've done myself a libreoffice document which I update and amend from time to time eg page 4 in image; of course I was already a nerd , now i have even more time on my hands
i realy love pacman package manager its so smooth when it comes to getting anything you need

My record is (1) DESTROYED Ubuntu iso install (2) FEDORA installs (1 was virtual) (1) Manjaro Linux forgetting my passwords and thinking I could figure it out. This was all in one day! I didn’t touch my PC for a week, grounded myself to Windows the whole time. Thats when I learned why they suggest live-usb or Virtual. Even though I did all that in a day. It never harmed my pc unlike windows trying to overheat or blue screen me to death.

Members online