Are we suffering attempted DDoS attacks.

Some days are worse than others.
Thought, do you switch off your machine during the day/ mine is on from 6am till 11pm it may be a cookie thing

Australia; 18:04 eastern standard time (Sydney)

View attachment 12267

Yeah I'm constantly getting logged off when I clicked the post icon and having to always login again what a PITA.

Only on this forum.

View attachment 12301
I clear my browser cookies and browser cache and everything else on a daily bases.

Different browsers don't make a difference.

I get the above on a regular bases and still hafta login several different times to post on this forum.

Edit: My previous post deprecated, so...

It seems I'm now getting CF delays on my desktop browser now, too. IOW, back to a couple weeks back. One thing's changed: I get told the server's down and offered the CF offline page, but I wait, get redirected, and arrive at the live (intentional rhythm).

Another note: I seem to be being logged out now and then for no reason?

Last edited:
I'm now using google chrome browser...still get checking your browser for 10 seconds.
confused0020.gif
It seems to be all browsers.
m09031.gif

I'm now using google chrome browser...still get checking your browser for 10 seconds.
confused0020.gif
It seems to be all browsers.
m09031.gif
It's all browsers, all of them I'm using and I've tried browsers I never would have considered using before just to see.

Just something were gonna halfta live with until a solution can be found.

I haven't been paying terribly close attention to this thread today, but I've been on the site all day, and no problems. I think it's checked the browser twice for a couple secs.

Firefox. I don't clear my browser daily, and I don't run through VPN.

2 x 502's @ Ray ID: 729f22a22c9b3d12 • 2022-07-13 04:04:34 UTC

Keep getting kicked out by CF and being re-verified. On my mobile phone. DuckDuckGo browser, Linux.org "fireproofed" (means it keeps cookies, etc. when I create a new ID). Getting "Oops" error message on edits, too. Probably nothing serious, but I figure this thread's kinda become dmesg for the site, lol, so I'll just report anything here.

Started again this morning, 502 bad gateway, only a matter of minutes but still annoying

You pair are in the same timezone, too - I wonder if there is anything to be gained by gathering UTC times, could be a job bigger than Ben Hur?

I had one per day over my weekend.

Site seems to be back to normal...fingers crossed.
m1203.gif

I haven't had an outage in ages. So, my block of time is pretty solid lately.

Zero here for at least 2 - 3 weeks

Edit to add: I must have jinxed myself....literally the next day I started getting them again

Last edited:
I spoke too soon...now and then I now get..."Error 502 Bad Gateway" and can't access site
t1935.gif
happens on all browsers.
t2412.gif

Please fix this as it's the only site it happens on. o_O

Last edited:
It would be nice to better understand what's going on...it makes no sense to my why this website in particular would suffer from either DDoS or spam bot traffic.

I too finally got the error.

it makes no sense to my why this website in particular would suffer from either DDoS or spam bot traffic.

It's due to the popularity. Search for "linux" and this site is first. We're a juicy target. You don't see it, because we don't let you see it, but this site is the target of all sorts of stuff like spam attempts. Getting a link to your site on this site would help you rank better in the search engine results. That's the motivation.

Ah we're back again.
t2018.gif

I was getting that error for five hours today...it's a bloody shame because this Linux site is the best.
t2001.gif

probably not 5 hours here.....but far too long to be comfortable.

Members online