ARE YOU NEW WATCH THIS

Oh! That old chestnut.

It says "Source: distrowatch"

Distrowatch does not measure which is the "Best Linux Distro". It keeps a measure of the number of page hits on Distrowatch.

As I have said before if I use Ubuntu and I am satisfied with Ubuntu, I have no reason to visit the pages of other distros on Distrowatch --- or otherwise. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Distrowatch does not measure which is the "Best Linux Distro. It keeps a measure of the number of page hits on Distrowatch.

Exactly - but you can find sources that say almost anything.

Looking carefully at the statistics it looks close to true throughout the ages, being a Linux user myself since 84 ish. I quite like the look, but I'm using Rasbian at the moment.

can't type much but here's my 2 cents.

The DistroWatch Page Hit Ranking statistics are a light-hearted way of measuring the popularity of Linux distributions and other free operating systems among the visitors of this website. They correlate neither to usage nor to quality and should not be used to measure the market share of distributions. They simply show the number of times a distribution page on DistroWatch.com was accessed each day, nothing more.

i find distrowatch is both useful to recommend to new users for them to see what is available, and for myself because there is much more to it than just the page hit rankings.

with 80% or so of the isos i download, i start at distrowatch. also easy access to sha256.

@Daviboy
...being a Linux user myself since 84 ish.

maybe you mean 94ish? linus torvalds only submitted the linux kernel to richard stallman in 1992 :)

cheers

wizard