Alexzee

Reaction score
Credits
Steve spells it out pretty crystal clear about Asus:

Overvolting CPUs & Screwing the Customer​

This is bad:-
Can it get any more twisted?

Last edited:

I have a computer in which I would have to open its case to get to the battery. Or the bottom shell is the battery.

It costed me 200USD and compelled me to get Internet thanks to M$ requiring everybody to hook up via Outlook. :/

I still have Windows there but go instead from pluggable disk into Manjaro XFCE, but it's a pain because the computer doesn't seem to be trained to use "external" EFI. I have to choose "fallback initramfs" because otherwise Manjaro refuses to boot. No problems actually using the OS though.

I do not play computer games. Never did. I tried "minesweeper" and "chess" once or twice, but don't ask me which operating system preinstalled them by default. It was a long time ago.

My children are interested, so I looked up articles about the ASUS scandal. Among other things I learned is that the scandal is now several weeks old. The issue affects multiple motherboard manufacturers, although ASUS handled the warranty side poorly. Reading between the lines, it feels that ASUS may have recently learned some hard lessons about customer relationship management, along with their internal configuration management, testing, and update release processes. Maybe.

Thanks for sharing.

I do not play computer games. Never did. I tried "minesweeper" and "chess" once or twice, but don't ask me which operating system preinstalled them by default. It was a long time ago.

My children are interested, so I looked up articles about the ASUS scandal. Among other things I learned is that the scandal is now several weeks old. The issue affects multiple motherboard manufacturers, although ASUS handled the warranty side poorly. Reading between the lines, it feels that ASUS may have recently learned some hard lessons about customer relationship management, along with their internal configuration management, testing, and update release processes. Maybe.

Thanks for sharing.
You're welcome.

I will think first before my next desktop build which mobo I'll purchase.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts