ASUS motherboard - Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

yaloosh

Reaction score
Credits
Hi

I'm looking for Asus motherboard with compatibility to Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster).
any suggestion?

thx.

Any on this list should work for you.
Mother Boards
You should also read this debian wiki. Debian on ASUS
They were all tested on Ubuntu but should work with Debian also.
Good luck in your search.

Personally i am not keen on Asus motherboards, but that's a personal thing, it is not just the motherboard you need to consider the other components some graphics work better than others, as do some wireless cards
At the end of the day the choice is yours balancing your needs from the box your building/repairing,, and the cost of components, Example, I would not pay out for an all singing all dancing gaming board just for everyday home computing

All of my desktop computers are home built. My laptops from from manufacturers, and one of my servers came from a manufacturer. More than half have ASUS boards in them. All of them run different Linux's fine. I personally am amazed anyone even asks about Linux compatibility anymore.

The ONLY thing I haven't seen work in the last 5 years or so, are certain Wifi chipsets. (Usually Broadcom or RealTek). I have also used Gigabyte with success, and two newest boards are ASRock.
My server is an intel board.

I have also used Gigabyte with success, and two newest boards are ASRock.
they are my makes of choice, Broad com are not usually too bad they are well supported in linux but certain realteck chipsets are a right pain

I haven't built a machine in awhile but have never had much problem with intel wifi chipsets. Broadcom works alright with the proper drivers. Realtek I try to stay away from and some AMD and other graphics card present problems.

Members online

Latest posts