ASUS U36SD support thread.

T

Tetractys

I successfully installed Xubuntu 11.10 on ASUS U36SD (32bit version) and patched it to have completely working following HW/SW features:

Audio
Audio out port
Internal microphone
Mic port
HDMI port
Video (Dual graphic card Intel embedded/NVIDIA GT520M Optimus) via Ironhide installation. Search it on launchpad dot net.
USB/USB 3.0
Wireless Networking
WiFi switch (Fn+F2)
VGA port
Card Reader
Brightness control (Fn+F5/F6)
LCD on/off switch (Fn+F7)
Suspend/Hibernate

Most of patches and special configurations can be readed on this useful and up date wiki page: h t t p s://help .ubuntu .com/ community/ Asus_U36SD

Feel free to ask here if you have any problems on U36SD. I'll do my best to help you.

Please anyone has experience on this model (or close similar) of notebook is invited to share ideas!

I just installed 11.04_desktop_amd64 fresh on my U36SD after wiping clean the harddrive and merging all partitions with gparted live.The first problem that appeared was that the hardware was not sufficient for running unity. This issue has to do with the dual intel onboard/nvidia graphics. I just discovered bumblebee and Nouveau and am going to look into this later. The best thing to do to have the thing running with intel is to disable unity upon logon (ubuntu-standard option) or install unity 2D (sudo apt-get install unity-2d).

Members online

Latest posts