Audio out showing up in mic input

PhilFixIt

Reaction score
Credits
Edit:I wont we looking or replying to this post. The mods sassiness isnt my cup of tea. This forum isnt for me.

Hi,

I'm somewhat new to Linux so bare with me please. Every time I record or chat on discord for example I get audio from the desktop. To clarify I dont't hear the desktop, but other do or it shows up on a sound recording.This happened to me in windows ,but was very easy to remedy. All I had to do was select separate all input jacks as independent input device (example on bottom) and it was fixed. Is there something similar I can do on Manjaro to fix this? I've already disable looping in Alsa and nothing.
realtek.png

Last edited:

I have had similar problems ware my camera shows up as audio device when there is no built-in mic.

:) i probably can find a solution somewhere
Here's hoping. I'm genuinely overwhelmed with trying to piece together the pulse audio config files to see if there is a link of some kind as to why my mic is picking up audio out. I appreciate any help at all. I really want Linux to replace Windows as a daily. Gaming was the only thing holding me back.

I messaged him! Thank you.

Yeah, don't do that. Thanks. Support questions belong in the forum itself.

I don't do any of the tasks you're working with, so I have no idea with this one. It's outside my wheelhouse.

They sell some cameras with mics which I use and they sound good on meetings.

Members online

Latest posts