Australia - The Land Down Under

Here in Australia we have the wonderful NBN, which stands for No Bloody Network and that's exactly what I got the other day.

Our landline is also connected to the Modem, so no phone either...had to use the mobile and was put on hold for 45mins only to be told..."we're aware of the problem and trying to fix it. and it was some 4.5 hours later.

."we're aware of the problem and trying to fix it.
What I hate from any provider when it goes base over apex, no internet connection, so you phone them and the fist thing you hear is something like,

this is XXX welcome, we apologise but we are receiving more than our usual number of calls, so there may be a delay in answering you,..Did you know if you have a fault on your connection you can contact our maintenance team direct by e-mail or web-chat...etc.. how the hell do you contact them by web chat or e-mail if you have no connection to the network ??????
And if you have alternative means [cell phone] you send an e-mail, only to get an auto reply , thanking you and we will reply normally in 3 days..

The worst part is when you finally get through, they transfer your call to an overseas call centre and you can't understand what they say.
mad0039.gif

This is not related strictly to Australia.....but.......it does make for interesting reading, if you are somewhat alarmed by the recent "weather events"....flooding in europe (germany in particular)
Heatwaves in Canada.....of the chart temps....

Late last month in Canada, a horseshoe-shaped high-pressure system called an Omega Block saw heat build up for days, leading to off-the-chart temperatures.

In Europe last week, a cut-off low pressure system stalled over Germany, dumping a month's worth of rain in a day.

Limit of science

The impact of climate change on how such individual weather patterns move is at the very limit of science.

"It's kind of like having a jigsaw but most of the pieces are missing," Dr King said.

Will Australia experience similar 'events'?...I believe we already have.

READ HERE

or here: https://www.weatherzone.com.au/news...rctic-may-lead-to-more-extreme-weather/534626

Five years of drought in the Gascoyne, WA, has given Andrew and Nicola Forrest’s Harvest Road the chance to upgrade infrastructure on Brickhouse station and turn the 225,000ha holding into an efficient cattle property, with side-projects in growing mangoes, sweet potatoes and agave.

Pratley won $30,000 for his winning entry, and anyone who understands the life of a freelance photographer would know that a windfall like that is not to be taken lightly. But Pratley still plans to give $5,000 to the Kalisch family, because he's not just a top photographer but a fine bloke to boot.

A long, long time ago, I was a freelance journalist. $30,000 would have been a pretty sweet year's income. Hell, it'd have been better than two year's worth income - not adjusted for inflation. I was a poor undergrad at the time. I was even poorer as a grad student.

Members online

Latest posts