Australia - The Land Down Under

e570f0582167564b60d41118a9438526

8bbe31014c9305a630ad397a82ce0664

8999edad86eee256499837d1dcdbe5ba

Marble Bar is tipped to swelter through blistering heat all week

You could work for someone's Tourist Bureau, Brian

An initiated Yolngu man of the Mandhalpuyngu, Dalaithngu never lost his connection to language, song, law and country.

And some of us never lost our connection to him.

Here is something David might have said in his own language

Nyuni balipungur nyinuk garmitj guwang, ngarr ban nyuwarr wandjan bilak ngayil.

Whenever you might be about to come here to this place, I will have been waiting for you beforehand.

RIP

Chris Turner

Wee Waa....on the red dot in NSW.

Wee Waa is a town located on the north-western slopes of the New England region in New South Wales, Australia. The town is within the Narrabri Shire local government area and is on the Namoi River. Wee Waa is 41 kilometres north-west of Narrabri and 571 kilometres northwest of Sydney on the Kamilaroi Highway.Wikipedia

Wee Waa's population is around 2400

Wee Waa area ia a Major producer of Cotton and Beef Cattle....it is known as the cotton capital of Australia

Wee Waa means : Fire for Roasting from the language of the Kamilaroi people.

Wee Waa Map.png

Michael is based in Wollongong, NSW, Australia

Love on the Spectrum star Michael Theo on overcoming shyness, fame and positive podcasting​

89940cff94ca1fc4bf4bc1fce4890dca

Michael Theo grew up thinking he was "inferior to other people and invisible".

The Wollongong-based star of the hit TV show Love on the Spectrum would choose to be alone during school holidays.

He knew he was different to everyone else, but he did not know why until his mother told him he had Asperger's syndrome when he was 13.

"Having Asperger's never really bothered me at all and it's something that I've always been proud of," he said.
"It's actually pretty great and it makes me stand out in a way."

In his early teenage years he became more social and comfortable around people at school.

He said he became "surprisingly popular" because he was likeable.

New podcast to 'bring light and love'​

The aspiring actor has recently launched his own podcast titled Mr A+.

He once told his mother that his ideal "A+" partner looked like him, so she started calling him the name.

"I wanted to make a podcast because I wanted a way to entertain people and bring love and light into people's lives," he said.

"My rules for the podcast are there are several topics that are forbidden — religion, politics, weaponry, drugs, wars, crime, violence, and most importantly it's got a no-COVID-talk policy.

Six Day Repco Bathurst 1000​

Repco Bathurst 1000

30 November - 5 December 2021

6282b6ef-dc55-477d-f2f3-6ea990e1742b.jpg

70c1a06f-ba5c-4840-aa63-24ca7f747bbc.jpg

78565618-b5ef-4089-ed7a-343a4caf0745.jpg

581c6584-f652-442e-fedc-c1948a60df36.jpg

This year's Repco Bathurst 1000 will run over six days at Mount Panorama as the final event of the 2021 Repco Supercars Championship.

The Bathurst Regional Council, Repco, Supercars and ARG have joined forces to combine Australasia's leading categories for the biggest motorsport event ever staged in Australia.

The historic first will see Mount Panorama host six-days of on-track entertainment and racing between Tuesday November 30 and Sunday December 5.

This year’s Repco Bathurst 1000 will be the first Great Race to be staged in December.

Supercars and ARG will be working closely with NSW health authorities around COVID-safe measures and Public Health Order requirements to ensure the safety of all staff and patrons attending the event.

The six-day Bathurst event will also feature the Dunlop Super 2 Series, Porsche Carrera Cup, Toyota Gazoo Racing 86 Series, TCR Australia, Touring Car Masters, S5000, GT World Challenge Australia, V8 SuperUtes and Trans Am.

For further information regarding the event, please visit Supercars' website.

Herd facts and figures: • There are 41,800 agricultural businesses involved in the cattle industry (ABS Agricultural Commodities 2017-2018). • There were 26.4 million head¹ of cattle in Australia as of 2017-18 (ABS Agricultural Commodities 2017-18). • There were 12.2 million head of beef cows and heifers aged one year and over as of 2017-18 (ABS Agricultural Commodities 2017-18).

Australians have been named the heaviest drinkers in the world after spending more time drunk in 2020 than any other nation.

An international survey has found Australians drank to the point of drunkenness an average of 27 times a year, almost double the global average of 15. Almost a quarter of Australians reported feeling regret for becoming intoxicated.

Australians have been named the heaviest drinkers in the world

that explains a lot of things :D

A Story to Touch your Heart

Just look at this guy's eyes, as he looks at Her....

There, is a man in Love.

He is from Timor Leste....an Island country in the middle of nowhere....officially part of south east asia.

She is an aussie.....an occupational therapist

He had a car accident, which left him unable to feel anything below his belly button

So, she looks after him....right?.....Nah....it isn't that simple.

The pair met in 2011, five years after Joel was involved in a serious road accident during Timor's violent civil war, when his family was forced to flee their home in the capital, Dili.

It was the middle of the night and Joel was asleep in the back seat of a car carrying seven passengers, which crashed into a tree.

When he regained consciousness in hospital, hours later, Joel was unable to feel his legs.

"I was in lots of pain. I was just like crying and I just didn't know what happened to me," he says.

Joel was diagnosed with a spinal cord injury that means he's unable to walk and doesn't have any movement or feeling below his belly button.

Did I say this man is in Love ?
1f3de501559aafee4f396d9d7b1e7f0b

Read the story, and don't drip any of those tears on your keyboard.

4b0408538734c193c84ccab30073362b

"After the accident, I just felt like I couldn't do anything anymore," he says.

"But see, everything's happened. I got a job and got married and moved to Australia.

"The important thing is to give [people] opportunity ... when you give opportunity to them, they will show you what they can do."

Members online

Latest posts