Australian business owners urged to shorten web addresses to avoid cybercrime attack

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits

Businesses with existing websites need to register their equivalent shorter domain names by Tuesday, September 20.

They've given businesses loads of time, if the only place they learnt about it was on ABC

perhaps some use the standard aussie phrase..."she'll be right mate".....?

:)

Some... that'll be the default or majority response.

Hey, I'm not a queenslander, yet still hear "Don't you worry about that" in Joh Bjelke-Peterson's voice to noticing flaws.

Last edited:
So true!

All too prevalent.....even in the business community.

All you journalists can go and feed the chooks for all I care. I am a Queenslander, lol.

I think it makes sense, considering that there are more and more cases of data theft from different companies. I am the owner of a store selling electronics and do not want to find out one day that some hackers from Russia or China, steal from me, so I consider this decision fully justified. But perhaps I am panicking too much, if even the guys from bizop right here, who actively helped me to open my store, claim that such an attack on my business is unlikely because of the fact that the efforts of hackers will not justify the reward.

Last edited:

Members online