Ausu X570 Tuf Gaming Plus WiFi MOBO and the M.2 drive's

Alexzee

Reaction score
Credits
Before I purchase this Ausu mobo I need help understanding something about the M.2 NVMe drives.

This is the only thing that the motherboard book says about the M.2 drives:

"Use pcie Raid Mode when installing the hyper M.2 x 16 card or other M2 cards.
Installing other devices when using pcie Raid Mode may cause your pc to fail to boot."

With PCIe RAID mode disabled in the BIOS will the M.2 drives still be seen and run like a regular drive?

Link to the mobo
https://www.microcenter.com/product/608574/asus-x570-tuf-gaming-plus-(wi-fi)-amd-am4-atx-motherboard

Thanks arochester-:)

So, does that mean that if I install two M.2 NVMe drives, they will seen as two separate drives when I boot my system up?

Last edited:
So, does that mean that if I install two M.2 NVMe drives, they will seen as two separate drives when I boot my system up?

Yes they will appear as two different drives by default.

The message regarding the incompatibility is unclear.

That being said I don't see any reason why you couldn't set a RAID on PCIe drives while using other PCIe devices and boot on the RAID, beside poor chipset/UEFI design (the first one is unlikely).

Yes they will appear as two different drives by default.

The message regarding the incompatibility is unclear.

That being said I don't see any reason why you couldn't set a RAID on PCIe drives while using other PCIe devices and boot on the RAID, beside poor chipset/UEFI design (the first one is unlikely).
Thanks for the clarification.

I don't plan on setting up RAID. I don't need it:-

This brand new build is for home use and gaming.
I've been reading the mobo book these last few days trying to get acquainted with where everything plugs in on the board. It's been 10 years since my last build and I have forgotten some things.

Link to the mobo book:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/..._TUF_GAMING_X570-PLUS_WI-FI_UM_WEB_060319.pdf

Screen shot of the list:

I'm in the process of my build. Installing the CPU was a breeze.
However, installing the wraith cooler was difficult. The screws were spring loaded so I had to press hard on the screws. Thank goodness I didn't crack the board.

Tomorrow I plan to install the M2 drive, attached the Mobo to the case and tear down my old build to get the GPU and my 2 hdds. I hope the Sata cables reach around to the Mobo.

Members online