BACKUP

laooo

Reaction score
Credits
Bonjour Amis Linuxiens,

je suis un noob et j'aimerai avoir votre avis sur la meilleure solution de sauvegarde gratuite bien sur j'aimerai faire des sauvegardes de dossier bien précises toutes les semaines si possible en ayant la possibilité de le faire en compressant le fichier ,histoire que cela ne consomme pas pas trop d'espace sur mon disque mais également avoir la possibilité d'effacer de manière automatique l'ancienne sauvegarde à chaque fois sans devoir les supprimer moi meme .

PS: trop content d etre sur le groupe

Welcome to the forums,
This is an international site and so uses English as our standard, please post in English only.
this may give you some insight..

What's the question?

Timeshift - to backup the system
deja-dup, pika-backup, kopia, backintime, etc to back up the user's Home
If you are running Debian/Ubuntu apt-clone to backup a list of installed packages that can be reinstalled
Etcher/ Raspberrypi Imager - clone the disk

A lot of Linux Backup tools suck because they don't back everything up or hard to understand especially for beginners.
sad0003.gif

Here's what I do
1. I copy and paste important Pictures...Documents...Music or anything else I like to an External HDD...this can be done anytime.

2. I create a Snapshot with Timeshift...this also can be done at anytime or before installing a new kernel.

3. I create an Image of the Drive with Foxclone...https://www.foxclone.com/ Foxclone creates an Image of everything on the Drive...Software...VMs...All Settings...Web Browsers etc. The Image is stored on an External HDD...should anything happen it's a simple matter to Re-Image the Drive or to another Drive and it comes with instructions too...hope this helps.
happy0054.gif

Members online