Battery Charging issue specific to ubuntu.

masterchief_01

Reaction score
Credits
I dual booted Ubuntu 18.04 LTS along with windows 10 and have used it for 6 months now, recently I have been noticing the battery has been showing an erratic pattern when plugged in and charging while using Ubuntu, the pattern:
Charge for 3 minutes, not charge for 10 minutes, charge for 3 minutes, not charge for 10 minutes and so on, (the time periods are approximate and just to give an idea of the situation).
I am able to notice this pattern of "Plugged In and not charging" from the battery charging LED indicator in my PC.
The battery charges fine when I am in windows or when when the PC is charging from BIOS (i.e in Ubuntu when the screen is down), however this pattern persists when I work with ubuntu. Is re-partitioning and re-installing ubuntu my best choice (Not preffered due to issues faced during the initial install) ?

My PC : HP15-da0077tx
This situation has started since the last 1 month, worked fine before that since I dual booted ( 6 months).

Can someone please help me out as I am a beginner, any help is greatly appreciated.

Members online