Beats Audio on Linux

Yes, I own a Hp 15-J009VVM With amd cpu and gpu Beats Audio will this work with amd
Beats Audio is not affected by the CPU or GPU type. It could work if the same audio chipsets are in use.

HP ENVY J105TX.
I tried to use this, but it can't work on fedora20. Every time I click apply. the whole spearker become ...slient.... none of it can be used till I reboot.

The codec that I have is Realtek ALC3241 in an HP Envy . Here is what I did that worked for me:

I opened JackRetasking and selected the options for show disconnected pins and for advanced override. The advanced override will show more information for each pin. I'm including a screen shot of my JackRetasking after my changes just so you can see what it looks like (the top pins I made no change, the bottom ones are some of the changes): (imgur link is /kPfhBJe)
Screenshot from 2015-09-13 13:17:15.png

What I did was to select override for every pin that showed not connected but had information in the different fields (location, device, jack and so forth) and in the Connectivity box I selected internal for all of them.

I hit apply now and tested the sound. It was not only louder, it was better sound. This seems to have gotten the bass working as well.

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but it did for me.

The codec that I have is Realtek ALC3241 in an HP Envy . Here is what I did that worked for me:

I opened JackRetasking and selected the options for show disconnected pins and for advanced override. The advanced override will show more information for each pin. I'm including a screen shot of my JackRetasking after my changes just so you can see what it looks like (the top pins I made no change, the bottom ones are some of the changes): (imgur link is /kPfhBJe)View attachment 2355

What I did was to select override for every pin that showed not connected but had information in the different fields (location, device, jack and so forth) and in the Connectivity box I selected internal for all of them.

I hit apply now and tested the sound. It was not only louder, it was better sound. This seems to have gotten the bass working as well.

Hi i very happy for you... so yo may to teach me all configure for this... I want to my 2.1 beats audio work,,, thanks... I wait your responce!!!!

Great article, you actually just helped me out quite a bit to bad Ive spent the day reinstalling her OS instead of doing what I love, mostly just messing around but I don't do much but install operating systems now a days. Windows was something to the tune of the Mhz and sampling rates? I thought thats what I saw. Couldnt get it to work, and the malware on there was insane, format was long over due... Still doesn't solve the "problem" though

I opened JackRetasking and selected the options for show disconnected pins and for advanced override. The advanced override will show more information for each pin. I'm including a screen shot of my JackRetasking after my changes just so you can see what it looks like (the top pins I made no change, the bottom ones are some of the changes): (imgur link is /kPfhBJe)View attachment 2355

I don't know what you did, but what you describe does not work.
Is there any one who has managed to make the speakers work properly and can properly describe the instructions for ALC3241?

G'day all, just wanted to share my experience and detils of how I got Beats Audio speakers working on my HP Envy 15.

Laptop Model:
HP Envy 15-J028TX

Linux Distro:
Fedora 34 Workstation

Audio Device:
IDT 92HD91BXX

Overrides:
0x0d - Internal Speaker (Back)
0x0f - Internal Speaker

Pin Info:
0x0a - Microphone (right side jack, app says left side though)
0x0b - Headphone (right side jack, app says left side though)
0x0c - Unknown
0x0d - Internal Speaker (rear left & right speakers)
0x0e - Unknown
0x0f - Internal Speaker (top left & right speakers)
0x10 - Unknown (possibly subwoofer)
0x11 - Internal Mic (top internal webcam mic)
0x1f - SPDIF Out (unused as far as I know)
0x20 - SPDIF In (unused as far as I know)

Alsa Info:
f=fca9fb14eeb2d1aa2e8a44f775abefbee17bbe98

Notes:
On Fedora you can install Alsa Tools and find HDAJackRetask in your app list.

I tested each pin to see what it's used for, however I could not find a way to get the subwoofer working, personally that doesn't bother me as it never worked in Windows anyway and I suspect mine may be faulty, try setting 0x10 to "Internal Speaker (LFE)" and see if it works for you.

I set the override for 0x0d to "Internal Speaker (Back)" and 0x0f to "Internal Speaker".

Clicking "Apply now" gives the error "tee: /sys/class/sound/hwC1D0/reconfig: Device or resource busy" so I clicked "Install boot override", restarted and now my sound is much better and louder with sound also coming from the top speakers (above the keyboard).

I hope this helps anyone who still uses an HP Envy 15-J028TX.

Last edited:

Members online