Best distribution for low-end systems

Sorry. I thought that information would not be useful. Thank you for the help, though.

Sorry. I thought that information would not be useful. Thank you for the help, though.
It's always best to give as much info about the machine as possible :) Chromebook hardware is specifically designed to run ChromeOS or a form or it. Linux will run on them but you often have to do some work to get all the hardware to work. And you'll need some form of external storage because Linux uses more space than the 16gbs provided on most chromebooks. They were designed to put most stuff in the cloud and run just the need operation on the laptop itself. But it can be done and with Linux there are many ways to do it. A live OS with persistence is one way. Trick is to finding the one that will work with most of the hardware. Good Luck. You will learn much and know more about Linux when your done :)

It's always best to give as much info about the machine as possible :) Chromebook hardware is specifically designed to run ChromeOS or a form or it. Linux will run on them but you often have to do some work to get all the hardware to work. And you'll need some form of external storage because Linux uses more space than the 16gbs provided on most chromebooks. They were designed to put most stuff in the cloud and run just the need operation on the laptop itself. But it can be done and with Linux there are many ways to do it. A live OS with persistence is one way. Trick is to finding the one that will work with most of the hardware. Good Luck. You will learn much and know more about Linux when your done :)
Thanks! I think I am going to use Gallium Linux. It was made to work on Chromebooks so I think it should work the best.

Thanks! I think I am going to use Gallium Linux. It was made to work on Chromebooks so I think it should work the best.
Looks like a good choice. Let us know how it works out for you.

Members online