Best Distro for Lenovo Ideapad 3

ARhodes09

Reaction score
Credits
I'm new to Linux and studying it for certification exams. I just got a Lenovo Ideapad 3 15.6 inch, 4G RAM, 256G SSD, i3 processor

I tried installing Zorin OS 15.3 Ultimate. But a lot of drivers seem to be missing and doesn't seem to work well with the Lenovo System.

Which distro would be better for my laptop as well as learning for IT Support and maybe even a little gaming if I ever get into it (I know this laptop won't support top end games though).

well the best distro is the one you like but Lenovo are known for their problems to set up. ptoberbly the distro with the best new hardware support is MX-19.4.1_x64 “ahs” but as I dont have a tablet I dont know how well it will work, you could always download it and run it live to see how it goe's.. when you come to install any build you are given the option to install non free drivers always say yes.

This is a 15.6 inch laptop, not a tablet. If that makes a difference.

yep.. mx works well on most laptops [I say most as Lenovo is the make that has caused me most problems in the past] give it a try it will only cost you a little of your time.

Most Lenovo Thinkpads work well with Linux ideapads can have some problems but can usually be made to work. (See my post on your other thread for Distro recommendations.) MX is a good Distro but not sure it will meet the need you expressed in your other thread.

Members online

Latest posts