Best linux distributions for my Desktop computer

A

adammo

I can't choose the best linux distributions for my Desktop computer, i need it like Windows XP or faster it will be good and can run this programs : Google chrome , VLC , IDM , Xampp and Aptana studio 3 , this is my PC system information:
System Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group
System Model P4M890-M7 FE
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 4/11/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Page File Space 3.01 GB
system info.JPG

Any distro with a light DE. So anything with LXDE, XFCE, LXQT, Mate, Cinnamon, E18, etc.

1) As I keep saying, the "best" Linux distro is the one YOU like and the one that suits YOUR computer. YOU know and not us. It's like asking us "Which is the best car?", "Which is the best sports team?" or "Which is the best religion?"

We can give you many different opinions based on what WE like and which suits OUR computers". It may be, but is not necessarily what YOU want.

2) There are many Linux distros which, at the moment , are recommended for Windows refugees . Have a look at http://linuxpanda.wordpress.com/2013/07/24/the-ultimate-guide-to-the-best-linux-distros/

3) Linux is not Windows and Windows is not Linux. Linux can be made to LOOK like Windows but at the end of the day it is Linux and not Windows. The Linux distro which currently can LOOK most like Windows is ZorinOS.

4) Several of the programs you have named are Windows programs. You are either looking for Linux alternatives or (possibly!!!) making them run under Linux. SOME Windows programs will run under Linux BUT NOT ALL.

Google Chrome and VLC have native Linux Versions. The others are Windows . A useful site it http://alternativeto.net/ Linux alternatives include:
(IDM)
aria2 and
uGet
(Xampp)
BitNami Application Stacks and
Cherokee
(Aptana studio 3)
Eclipse
Vim
NetBeans

and
Geany