Best PDF browser?

C

carbon333

What PDF program do you use? I find Adobe Reader extremely buggy. Xpdf is not convient.

Have you ever heard of Foxit Reader? It is my personal favorite and it is very easy to use, plus it is very fast, at least for me it is. Give it a try and write back. Hope it works for you.

I usually use Sumatra PDF Viewer. The main feature that sumatra has (and other PDF-viewer don't) is that it does not lock the file while it opens it. (and therefore, you cannot write or save the file afterwards, Sumatra does not have a save option.)

This feature comes in handy when you're typesetting a document (for example in LaTex ) and compile it to get PDF output. using sumatra you can view the output simultaneously without closing and re-opening the pdf file.

Adobe is crap as ever, it is ridiculous to have to download so many megabites just to view pdf and it is slow.

Personally, I am using foxit reader even though I have seen threads here saying it won't run under Linux. It works perfectly in Puppy Linux and pretty well in Ubuntu. Copy and paste are a little weird as you sometimes have to select all and cnt -c then cnt-v to paste but it always works somehow. It is fast and almost never crashes, and I think it's good enough for me, maybe you can try to find some in Google, or go to this website cnet.com to find one.

The most powerful one is PDFeditor but the Linux version is super buggy and running under wine is not great either. Actually Open Office Graphics works fairly well save for crashing every 10 minutes or so.

For me, Foxit Reader works fine. It's lightweight but sometimes it crash too..

PDF's are readable my many applications these days, including your browser. Maybe you should give Chromium a shot, it has a built in pdf reader.

The other alternatives would be : Okular and Foxit, i've seen a couple of command line pdf readers like Apvlv and zathura but Foxit is light weight and easy to use.

Okular on the other hand is also lightweight, supports reading of comics (CBR, CBZ formats) and ebooks.

I too can vouch for the Foxit reader. Very nice, and not prone to the same exploits as Adobe.

I use adobe reader simply because I don't read pdf files that much and I don't have any idea what the best PDF reader is. I suppose it is time for me to migrate to a greener pasture.

I suppose in linux it is ok, but Adobe reader has some big security issues. All those infected PDF attachments that come in spam emails now (Like the one that hacked RSA) all embed a virus into a PDF. Now the exploit is not of the PDF itself, but it is actually on how Adobe renders the PDF. So by switching to an alternate reader, such as foxit, you are removing that risk.

I use adobe reader simply because I don't read pdf files that much and I don't have any idea what the best PDF reader is. I suppose it is time for me to migrate to a greener pasture.

That's the same thing with me, It's either what Google chrome has to offer with it's built-in PDF reader or Adobe would be fine. I myself don't maintain or read a lot of pdf files but then it's always better to have a good working and vulnerability free PDF reader.

Adobe is the business really. Always updating for security and very quick. As DaReaper says there are to many vulnerabilities with opensource PDF readers and they hardly ever update.

The only thing that has bugged me in the past with PDF, is that it crashed some of the old firefox browsers. But this is fixed now.

I can vouch for Foxit reader as well. Very efficient and lightweight. Comes in handy when I have to read my e-books or view some online documents.

I mostly used Foxit software to read my PDF files.it annotate graphs, insert text, insert images,and also provide facility to add links in file.

I usually use adobe reader but I've seen article that tells you about 4 other light possibilities: 1. FoxIt Reader 2. PDF-Xchange Viewer 3. Perfect PDF Reader 4. Cool PDF Reader

Members online