Bizarre sensitivity of LINUX developers.

imagtek

Reaction score
Credits
I am attempting to work around a bug in the Wayland / Xlib interface.
Specifically, the Wayland developers abandoned Xlib [XWarpPointer()] functionality that my application (REX, imagtek.com) uses heavily.
In a nutshell, this broke my application.
Attempts to resolve this issue on the gitlab portal devolved into infantile accusations of 'insensitivity' from me, with the final result that my bug report and request to preserve specific Xlib functionality was erased as an act of spite.
Interface design that is hostage to juvenile parsing of language seeking offense bodes a dark future for LINUX.
Removing functionality from a 30 year old interface because the person using it pissed you off, is idiotic.
People need to grow up and look past their precious feelings to larger issues that are in play, or LINUX is toast.
Just my opinion.

Many are younger than your software, feel it (and maybe you) is 'irrelelvant' and, as Coach Leach has said, are probably "fat, dumb, happy and entitled."

Try Slackel, as a suggestion.

Removing functionality from a 30 year old interface because the person using it pissed you off, is idiotic.
People need to grow up and look past their precious feelings to larger issues that are in play, or LINUX is toast.
Just my opinion.

Agree with you about personal feelings and politics. Disagree with you about old/new functionality.
Even in windows, there are a lot of new programs that won't run on Windows 7, XP or Vista.
Sometimes you just have to upgrade.

. . .
Even in windows, there are a lot of new programs that won't run on Windows 7, XP or Vista.
Sometimes you just have to upgrade.
or change distros to accomodate the software/hardware.
Granted, this is becoming a problem for those wishing to retain old favorites.

Members online

Latest posts