Block Ads on Epiphany

Matt73

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

I'm using Elelmentary OS which is Ubuntua based and I like the Epiphany browser.Love it's minimalistic simplicty. However, it does not block ads on YouTube. There is an option to block ads in the preferences but it doesn't block ads. I can scarcely believe that a browser would not have proper adblock installed by default. Who intheir right mind wants to watch ads on YouTube? Anyway, I suppose I'll have to spend the whole weekend figuring this out because with Linux, nothing is simple. The mascot shouldn't be a penguin. It should be a guy with his head in his hands.

Any advice appreciated.

Best

Matt Hammond

Thank-you sir. I will have a look when I get some time. Any idea how I can put folders on the desktop?

Hello again. Those links didn't help. The extensions appear to have been discontinued.

Open Epiphany Browser Go to settings Top Right Corner Click on Preferences OR CTRL + E Uncheck Allow Advertisement in general Tab to block ads

If that doesn't work, which it probably doesn't take a look at:

Youtube ads are a pain to block even on Firefox Ublock doesn't block them.
I use SponsorBlock and Enhancer For YouTube on Firefox, Chromium, Vivaldi.

While I like eOS, I've found the most reliable and robust solution is to just install a better browser. On the list of best browsers, Epiphany isn't really high up on that list - in my views.

Yeah, I love the minimalistic simple design and I liked the blurb about it being more ethical etc. However, there's this adblock issue and it opens links in the same tab which I can't seem to alter in the settings. I'll try the above out of interest though. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Hey,

I managed to copy and paste the code and it worked! Great! Thanks a million! Nice to resolve a problem.

Got the ads blocked only to find out that videos don't play on odysee.com...Jeez it's just one thing after the other..I mean I have given this browser a chance but I'm starting to think that I should just use firefox. I liked the blurb about gnome web being more ethical and that it didn't practice the evil practices of bg-tech but it's got to work right out of the box, am I right?

Members online