Block Device Issue/ resizing: SOLVED

Looks like you root volume current has a size of 117.57G which comes close to the size of your old disk and in your volume group you have 333.50G free. 117.57 +333.50 = 451.07, which is closer to the size of your new disk. If you want to expand your logical root volume you cod do the following.
Code:
sudo lvextend -L +333.50G /dev/zorin-vg/root -r
What this will do is grow the root lv with 333.50G and then resize the filesystem.
I'll give that a go once I know I am ready to do a fresh install in case something goes awry and report back. Greatly appreciate the tip!

Looks like you root volume current has a size of 117.57G which comes close to the size of your old disk and in your volume group you have 333.50G free. 117.57 +333.50 = 451.07, which is closer to the size of your new disk. If you want to expand your logical root volume you cod do the following.
Code:
sudo lvextend -L +333.50G /dev/zorin-vg/root -r
What this will do is grow the root lv with 333.50G and then resize the filesystem.
Awesome advice! the resize worked perfectly without messing anything up. Needless to say it was time to also do a reinstall by the time I got around to testing it out, but I'm glad I know how to do that and that it can work. Greatly appreciate the responses from everybody.

Members online

No members online now.