Bodhi Enlightenment Error. Can't install.

G

Greentea

Hi forum,
Can anyone help with this? I burned a new live Bodhi CD but cannot install. After entering a security key, I get the following:

Enlightenment Error

This is very bad. Enlightenment SEGV'd.

This is not meant to happen and is likely a sign of a bug in Enlightenment or the libraries it relies on. We were not able to generate a backtrace, check if your 'sysactions.conf' has an 'gdb' action line.

Please compile latest svn E17 and EFL with -g and -ggdb3 in your CFLAGS.

(F1) Recover (F12) Logout

I'm using and old Dell PC P4 which is NON-PAE and I'm using the 2.4.0 NON-PAE 32.iso.

There are various SEG faults appear against Bodhi. BUT this post on their Forum suggests that it goes away after update.
http://forums.bodhilinux.com/index.php?/topic/9510-enlightenment-error-this-is-very-bad/

So...

1) Press F1 to go into Recovery mode. (This should give you a text interface and not a graphical one).

2) Input the following commands one-by-one (typing sudo will result in you being asked for your sudo/root password) :
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

3) Reboot.

Any improvement?

Thank you, but unfortunately, this does not resolve. When I select (F1) Recover, the current page will go black and bounce back. : (

.... the first two sudo apt-get commands seem to complete just fine. The third one completes but indicates some errors.

There's the same Enlightenment error when trying to install.

Last edited:

Members online